• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage 110 BA any good?

zeddy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2011
I have never been a savage guy but I have the itch for a 338 rifle. I have been offered a killer deal on a new rifle(half of retail)
Is this platform any good? or would I be better to save my pennies and buy a TRG or better rifle?

Thanks Guys

Re: Savage 110 BA any good?

All you gotta do is look within the first 2 pages in this section and you'll find everything you need to know.If it's that cheap then buy it.

Be ready to spend you money saved on ammo and/or brass. 338LM and the word pennies don't belong in the same post.
wink.gif

I have both the 110ba and the TRG-42 both are good guns but the Sako is hands down the better quality piece. I can't say it shoots any better I get better groups with the 110BA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never been a savage guy but I have the itch for a 338 rifle. I have been offered a killer deal on a new rifle(half of retail)
Is this platform any good? or would I be better to save my pennies and buy a TRG or better rifle?

Thanks Guys </div></div>

Half retail? I got to ask where are you getting this deal so I can pick me one up too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both the 110ba and the TRG-42 both are good guns but the Sako is hands down the better quality piece. I can't say it shoots any better I get better groups with the 110BA. </div></div> OOOHHHH that is going to hurt a lot of feelings!! But you can hang a star on that one baby!!

Diego

Use the savings to get better optics. Don't be that guy with a nice rig that puts a cheap Tasco scope on it.

Thanks for the comments guys, I am aware how much it costs to shoot. I am new to this forum but not to guns. I usually spend more time building them than shooting them. I have lots of contacts in the industry and a buddy of mine brought in too many so he's worked out a deal if I would like one but I have never been much of a savage guy.
My current precision rig is a remmington 700 (was an LTR) with a heavy barrel, aics 2.0, nightforce nxs(in mils) blah blah blah.

No I won't put a tasco on it, my 8yo has a couple 10/22's one in a nordic with a aimpoint and the other with a vortex razor 5-20 on it.

I have never been much of a reloader but I have recently started and become addicted and found this site.(I don't want to sound like a snob) but I have always had a steady supply of free match ammo.

I just didn't want to waste my time with this rifle if no matter what I did to it, it would never shoot like a custom or higher end rifle. But from what I understand so far this one may be a little fuggly but it shoots good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> this one may be a little fuggly but it shoots good </div></div>

You know what they say about the fugly ones in the sack!! Makes the prom queens jealous cause they get all the dates!

Diego

I spoke to the guy again and it keeps getting cheaper. I think this rifle may have to follow me home.

Cheaper than half off? I would approach with caution and inspect it very thoroughly before putting the money on the counter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paramil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cheaper than half off? I would approach with caution and inspect it very thoroughly before putting the money on the counter. </div></div>
There is absolutely no possibly of a scam, the rifle is brand new in a sealed box with a couple others that are open box. I am only getting the deal because I know the vendor well.

buy it! you wont be disappointed they shoot extremely well, at least mine does. Just get rid of the ugly scope mount and go with a EGW mount.

What?
Over 1/2 off retail?
Really?

So "someone" is going to sell you this rifle at a huge loss?
Profit margin, even if sold at FULL retail Savage pricing of $2394, does not even come close to approaching 100% profit from a vendor. So he's just going to lop it off by OVER 1/2 and, what, make the difference on the others that he "brought in too many of"?
First he's "this guy", then he's "a buddy of yours", then he's back to "the guy you spoke with again".

Your shit ain't jiving here, son.
The numbers don't come remotely close to matching.

If you could get that rifle for more than 50% off retail, why the hell wouldn't you have already gotten it? Even if it shot like shit which it won't, it's already been tested to be well capable of sub-MOA, you could sell it yourself for a huge profit.

Tell you what:
PM me your "bud's" number and I'll buy it. That way you won't have to struggle with the tough dilemma of should you pick up a $2000 rifle for more than 50% off.
Unless, of course, your "bud the vendor" is telling you it retails at over $4000...

I don't really care if you don't believe the circumstances, I'm not here to sell it or whatever. The guy is someone I deal with on a regular basis at work, the reason I have been dancing around who he is, is because I don't want to cause any shit with him selling rifles too cheap and savage getting pissed or something like that. You should know that the rifle itself is probley the cheapest part of the equation. If I pay $1100 for the rifle I still have to buy a scope, I like the S&b pmII. The I still Have to buy ammo to start, then brass dies. The all the small stuff such as a bipo, dragbag or pelican. With 27 rifles in the basement I'm just not sure if I need another especially one in such an expensive round(I'm a cheap bastard I usually only buy rifles in calibers I can get for free).

I never came on here to brag about the "deal" I just wanted some info on the rifle as Savage is the one brand I have never owned. It does matter how good the "deal" is if its a POS as their are lots of guns on the market that shouldn't be. I would hate to buy it only to find out it shoots like crap then have to flog it(and I wouldn't feel right about that) Nor would I want to buy it then replace everything to get it to shoot as advertised, if I was going to do that I might as well buy a custom.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What?
Over 1/2 off retail?
Really?

Profit margin, even if sold at FULL retail Savage pricing of $2394, does not even come close to approaching 100% profit from a vendor. So he's just going to lop it off by OVER 1/2 and, what, make the difference on the others that he "brought in too many of"?
First he's "this guy", then he's "a buddy of yours", then he's back to "the guy you spoke with again".

If you could get that rifle for more than 50% off retail, why the hell wouldn't you have already gotten it? Even if it shot like shit which it won't, it's already been tested to be well capable of sub-MOA, you could sell it yourself for a huge profit.

Tell you what:
PM me your "bud's" number and I'll buy it. That way you won't have to struggle with the tough dilemma of should you pick up a $2000 rifle for more than 50% off.
Unless, of course, your "bud the vendor" is telling you it retails at over $4000...

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't really care if you don't believe the circumstances, I'm not here to sell it or whatever. The guy is someone I deal with on a regular basis at work, the reason I have been dancing around who he is, is because I don't want to cause any shit with him selling rifles too cheap and savage getting pissed or something like that. You should know that the rifle itself is probley the cheapest part of the equation. If I pay $1100 for the rifle I still have to buy a scope, I like the S&b pmII. The I still Have to buy ammo to start, then brass dies. The all the small stuff such as a bipo, dragbag or pelican. With 27 rifles in the basement I'm just not sure if I need another especially one in such an expensive round(I'm a cheap bastard I usually only buy rifles in calibers I can get for free).

I never came on here to brag about the "deal" I just wanted some info on the rifle as Savage is the one brand I have never owned. It does matter how good the "deal" is if its a POS as their are lots of guns on the market that shouldn't be. I would hate to buy it only to find out it shoots like crap then have to flog it(and I wouldn't feel right about that) Nor would I want to buy it then replace everything to get it to shoot as advertised, if I was going to do that I might as well buy a custom.</div></div>

Hey, did you know McDonald's brought back the McRib??!!

mcrib1.jpg

Really!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then all the small stuff such as a bipo, dragbag or pelican.</div></div>

If you do get the 110 BA know that it barely fits inside the Pelican 1750. If you extend the butt even one click it won't fit.

Zeddy, there are some real douche bags on here that will pick apart everything you post on here. If you can get a killer deal on any gun more power to ya! Just ignore the reply's you dont like, because there will be many.

If the rifle is in good condition than go for it! I would love a Savage 110 BA, but have since been looking at 338 Norma instead

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What?
Over 1/2 off retail?
Really?

Tell you what:

</div></div>

In fairness, I bought my Savage M10BA brand new from Tomball Pawn for $1600, and that was with them special ordering it for me. I assume, since they didn't know me from adam, that they made some money on the deal.

Based on that I would say that there is probably a good 50% markup in those guns to be sure.

If you can get a good deal on it...go for it. Take a quick look at the Savage 110FCP...before you buy.