• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Savage 110 BA glass

jmcrips

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming
I ended up scoring a lightly used Savage 110BA .338 LM from a individual who couldn't afford to shoot it and needed money, and I got it for a great price. With this said I have been looking at various scope options and wanted to ask some questions on here. On my .308 M1A I have a Burris HDMR H59 reticle that I scored off midway for around 1000$ back when they were clearance and I love it, with this said I have no desire to buy a SFP scope ever again.
So I have been looking at putting either a S&B MSR reticle scope on it or a Nightforce BEAST MIL-R FFP/F1 on it.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the MIL-R in the BEAST?

I'm also wondering where would be the best place to procure this scope?

Also I am not to sure if this is the right place to post this and please change its location if its not to be here, I'm very new to this forum.

Has anyone had any experiences with the Ken Farrell bases for the 110BA?

So far this rifle has been worth the money. I've fired it a few times with a old scope I had laying around and its recoil is very tame. I also emailed JA Allen asking if they could make me a stock to replace this massive aluminum stock on the 110 and they said eventually they might. I cant wait, the only thing I'm not to fond of is the stock on this thing.
Thanks for the help
Josh

My buddy has the 110 in 338 with the hs stock, whatever model it is. It has the factory brake also, and topped off with a nf Nxs. It has been rock solid. Brakes can be rough on scopes, but his has been unaffected. My vote goes to nf.

I have a steel ken farrell base and rings on a 110 savage in 300wm. High quality heavy duty stuff.

I am running the ATACR on my 110 and love it. I'd call Sport Optics and see what they can do to help you out.