• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 Elite Precision - 6.5mm Creedmoor - Results

cpb3215

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2020
Results at 100 yards using factory and hand loaded ammunition.

Attachments

• TargetA.jpg
    TargetA.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 514
  • TargetB.jpg
    TargetB.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 485
Velocity results using 147 ELDM and H4350.

Attachments

• s110e_velocity.jpg
    s110e_velocity.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 141
3 string round robin (16 shots), 40.2 through 43.2 grains H4350 and H 147 ELDM, ~0.020 off the lands

Attachments

• Scan1.jpg
    Scan1.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 255
  • Scan2.jpg
    Scan2.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Scan3.jpg
    Scan3.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 245
A few 5 (10) shot groups using 41.6 through 42.1 grains H4350.

Attachments

• Target1.jpg
    Target1.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Target2.jpg
    Target2.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Dirty D
Tried a few more 5-shot groups with 41.7 and 42.0 grains of H4350.
With 42.0 grains, velocity appears to have increased ~25fps from the original 3 strings.

Using new brass with 42.0 grains, had difficulty seating bullets (although I did chamfer the ID on the cases). Many bullets had bad galling and the force required to seat the bullets was noticeable higher than using once fired brass. I didn't expect good results because of that so planning to try 42 again. I did manage 1 group at ~0.25". Also 42 grains has the lowest STD of all the charges tried at 7.9 fps with 20 shots.

All the groups were shot with a front bipod and a Wiebad mini fortune cookie back rest. I blame a lot of the shot variation to my inability to stabilize the back rest. Not sure how people shoot so well with bags. For me, this doesn't work well compared to a traditional bottom sloped stock which makes it easier to slide forth and back and lock in the elevation.

Please see the other thread regarding the feeding problem:

I really like the MDT ACC chassis and having the ability to add/remove weights. My rifle is currently ~21 lbs and can lower back down to ~14-15 lbs in a few minutes. The stock adjustments starting shifting around so I added set screws and removed the thumb knobs; I set it and forget it. The chassis feels very good to me. I wish the bottom of the buttstock was slanted like a traditional stock for easier elevation adjustment on a rear sandbag/support.

Had extractor problems and added the tactical works extractor kit.
That worked for a while but I still have issues with extracting once in a while. I also shoot a savge12FTR that has never had any feeding or extracting issues; so this is incredibly disappointing. I guess savage is notorious for bad extractor design.

Other than that, it's a good (not great) rifle for the price point it's at.

Please see the other thread regarding the feeding problem:

I really like the MDT ACC chassis and having the ability to add/remove weights. My rifle is currently ~21 lbs and can lower back down to ~14-15 lbs in a few minutes. The stock adjustments starting shifting around so I added set screws and removed the thumb knobs; I set it and forget it. The chassis feels very good to me. I wish the bottom of the buttstock was slanted like a traditional stock for easier elevation adjustment on a rear sandbag/support.

Had extractor problems and added the tactical works extractor kit.
That worked for a while but I still have issues with extracting once in a while. I also shoot a savge12FTR that has never had any feeding or extracting issues; so this is incredibly disappointing. I guess savage is notorious for bad extractor design.

Other than that, it's a good (not great) rifle for the price point it's at.
Well, today has been an interesting one.

After reading the comments regarding feeding and ejection I decided I didn't want to go into possible big issues, so I canceled my order, then called around and my local Scheels said that they had the 24"T3x CTR in stock... I gave the man my card number over the phone.

Went down to the store and did all the paperwork and opened the box to find a 20" barrel T3x CTR Stainless Steel. I was kinda unhappy obviously and had a conversation with one of the managers in the gun department, explained the situation and the fact I just drove a while to get there, he was understanding and took $200 off of a Bergara HMR Pro Premium 24" in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I'm honestly happy with the outcome, I think this will be a better platform to work with than the Savage after I get the MDT ACC chassis and all other items.

Bergara.jpg

Does Bergara Premier have easily accessible replacement barrels available?
I bought one, and then found out that the options are really send it back to them and they will rebarrel it for are around $500 I believe there were no real pre-fit options out there I could find, (Why I returned it) so you are down to buy the barrel that you want, and then send it to a gunsmith with the action for them to turn a blank and install/true/headspace it for you.

I ended up going with a Tikka T3x lite, pulled the action and dropped it in a MDT ACC Chassis as I really wanted that all along, I just received a Proof 29" .264 Heavy Palma blank I am having installed on the Tikka action.

121612081_643409363269072_7390135224866099713_n.jpg