• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage .338 Lapua

Carlos Danger

Keeper of useless information
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2019
    OK, I know. Savage are junk. I get it. Stumbled on a deal on a caliber I never thought I'd own. Decided it was too good a deal to pass on. Just came in today and looking forward to some factory loads and then hand loads. Not sure what to expect. Never fired a caliber this "large". Hoping its going to be a blast.
    20200804_174930.jpg
    20200804_174914.jpg
    20200804_174903.jpg

I've had several Savage 338 lapuas, still have a factory setup and an upgraded precision target magnum. Once loads were dialed in they worked very well. The 338 Ackley improved on a 112 target magnum action, with nice bartlien barrel, I still need to work load up for, can't wait to get it all lined out

I have a savage 338lm also......shoots 250smk and hornady 285 excellent. Never shot any factory ammo.
    Not jumping into reloading supplies just yet. My friend has a couple so goinh to work with him on powders, bullets, dies, etc. He's done most of the heavy lifting already.

I've got one of the original 110BA 338LM and it shoots amazing!!! It really likes the 300SMK loads from Black Hills, Corbon loads are a lot hotter, but shoot them well too. Reloads with 285 HPBT over Retumbo is simply outstanding!!

I'll have to start researching all the components. Plan to get out tomorrow to send about 20 Rifle Line 250g pills downrange and at least get the scope zeroed.