• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 93R17 mags??

SigTauJohn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2011
KC, MO
Been looking for a long time but cannot find any mags over 5 rounds for the savage 93R17. I have heard you can get the 22mag magazines and adjust them to do .17 but I cant find those either. a 10 round mag would be nice. anyone else found any? thanks

Re: Savage 93R17 mags??

As luck would have it, a new company is now producing 10 round mags independently, and initial customer reviews seem to be overwhelmingly good. You can purchase one for 24.99 + shipping or two for like 44.99 + shipping (and no, I am in no way affiliated with them). There is a thread on rimfirecentral about these as we speak, check page 2:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413930&page=2

Here is the website for the new company making the 10 round mags as well:

http://17hmrmag.com/

I hope that helps you find what you are looking for!

Jay

The only factory 10 round mag for the savage bolt guns are for 22lr/17hm2, not 22wmr/17hmr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Ell Gee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello there! I believe you were a bit misinformed about having to adjust magazines. As luck would have it, Savage's .22 WMR/17 HMR magazine accommodate both cartridges effectively, at least the factory one.

While I am having a REALLY difficult time tracking a factory 10 round mag down online, I see them often at my local Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas. They are actually a curved design aka "banana clip" style, if you will, and I personally don't like them much.

However, as luck would have it, a new company is now producing 10 round mags independently, and initial customer reviews seem to be overwhelmingly good. You can purchase one for 24.99 + shipping or two for like 44.99 + shipping (and no, I am in no way affiliated with them). There is a thread on rimfirecentral about these as we speak, check page 2:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413930&page=2

Here is the website for the new company making the 10 round mags as well:

http://17hmrmag.com/

I hope that helps you find what you are looking for!

Jay </div></div>

thats aweosme thanks for the links guys iv been looking for a long time to find one

Thanks guys. Been wanting some of these but thought they didnt exist.

P-dogs beware.

Anyone interested it trying to do a group buy to see if we can get them cheaper?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigTauJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone interested it trying to do a group buy to see if we can get them cheaper? </div></div>

Is be down for at least a pair of them...

sent them a message about getting a discount if we bought a bunch. we will see if they will.

I'd b down for another pair. They are well priced though keep in mind they are the only company out there making anything of the like. I wouldn't be supprised to hear a no thanks on their part

they responded saying they might. they have other distributors that buy from them in bulk and were worried they would be unhappy if we bought at that discount without the huge order they buy. They will be getting back to me soon.

They told me today they would not do a discount for us. Im trying to find these wholesalers they claim to have.

Well we are SOL. they wholesale to some other ppl and they sell it for the same price they do from the website. so the price on the website is the only price.