• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage announces 110 FCP HS Precision .338 Lapua

Jbak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2011
SW Missouri
I saw this announced on Facebook, and hadn't seen anyone mention it here.

110fcphsprecision.png

www.SavageArms.com

Savage says it should be available by July with an MSRP of $1499

Re: Let's not forget the LRH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jbak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
111longrange338.png

Savage 110 LRH .338 LM

MSRP $1213 </div></div>

Haha talk about a cheap way to get into an LM. 9.25 lbs and it's using the rinky dink accustock. Great for smaller calibers, but I'm pretty sure the muzzlebreak weighs more than the stock and the weight of the barreled action will collapse it under recoil within 2 or 3 rounds.

So who's gonna be first in on the Savage 338 aftermarket stocks/chassis? Even for a donor action that's a very reasonable price. I'd consider.

EDIT: Any idea who manufactures the BM? Not sure if Savage does it in house but they made it a point to mention that the stock wears a Karsten cheek piece.

Wonder why they didnt carry the bolt handle over from the BA at least to the HS version

Edit: What the hell, they ditched the bolt handle all together? The one I ordered in January better come with the old handle, I really liked it.

Also looks like they came up with a new better looking brake for the HS model.

So its a cheap rifle in monetary terms but then you have to reload which will still cost a bunch, and if you dont reload well then get ready to be bent over lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So who's gonna be first in on the Savage 338 aftermarket stocks/chassis? Even for a donor action that's a very reasonable price. I'd consider.</div></div>

Would this bolt into an XLR Savage long action stock?

eta: How ironic, post #338...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also looks like they came up with a new better looking brake for the HS model. </div></div>

I like the original brake, it did a decent job of reducing the dust cloud with the bottom of the fishgills filled. Though the stupid rail system that came with it was a waste. I bought a Badger rail only to find out that I needed to have recoil lug machined off and had to buy longer screws and trim some to length. At least these include a rail, though I don't know why they didn't have the picatinny run the full length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Training Wheels, Our chassis system should fit this setup no problem unless they went and changed the bolt spacing...

-Kyle ~ XLR Industries </div></div>

Oh hell yeah!

The hunter with a XLR stock would be sooo much nicer then a 110BA, for about the same price. What are BA's going for now?

Re: Savage announces 110 FCP HS Precision .338 Lapua

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jbak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw this announced on Facebook, and hadn't seen anyone mention it here.

110fcphsprecision.png

www.SavageArms.com

Savage says it should be available by July with an MSRP of $1499 </div></div>

Now that's what I call a good case of Rifle A.D.D.! You just got a brand new .308 and you're already looking to trade up to a .338 Lapua Magnum! Sounds like something I would do ...
wink.gif

I was thinking of a 6.5 or a 260 for my next rifle actually...but the .338 is definitely on the to-do list

is there any for sale ANYWHERE
i can't find it

Interesting that is should look so much like the Sako TRG 42. It's $400.00 less expensive (cheaper?) than their 110 BA and $1,300.00 less expensive than the lowest price TRG (.338 with the muzzle brake). What are the specs on this new gun anyway?

Interested to know how it stacks up against the 700P MLR

So you score this LRH and slap it into an XLR Chasis, and you're into a LM for cheap cheap!!! Looks like the barrel on the LRH is quite a bit thinner than the FCP though.

I sure do like the look of the new HS model compared to the previous one with the interesting stock, and all those rails on it. Wish I had somewhere I could shoot one regularly.

i got a responce from savage
they go into production next week
should be plenty of then out there in mid july

i'm geting one for sure

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbrittan308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure do like the look of the new HS model compared to the previous one with the interesting stock, and all those rails on it. Wish I had somewhere I could shoot one regularly.

</div></div>

In my opinion the scope rail was the only thing that makes it look so horrid. With a standard base it just looks like any other aluminum chassis rifle with AR pistol grip.

Hopefully somebody out there in Ebayland is willing to pay top dollar for something that cool, because I will NEVER use it. Savage definitely couldve just dropped $200 off the gun and been better off I think.

P6060236.jpg

jonaddis84 I agree that yours does look alot better with the rail upgraded to a standard style base.

Anybody notice how Savage has gotten HS and AI together for this project? And Remington still turns their nose up at projects like this????

It's because Remington is a bunch of dumbass beancounter types who don't give a damn about what the market WANTS!!!

Here is a classic example of what Savage is doing to fulfill <span style="text-decoration: underline">WHAT THE MARKET WANTS!!</span>

Winchester (FN), still three days and three dollars short.

If I had to guess, I would say Ken Farrel made the base and it looks like 20moa judging by the picture. This is only speculation, I have no facts to back it up, just looks like a Farrell base.

Seriously considering one in the LR hunter. I had one in 6.5x284 and it shot lights out. Had some things came up and sold it. Regret it every day. Note to self DON'T sell off accurate guns. :)

is it in print that they are AI mags? not to doubt, but could they be the ba/bas/bat mags? were they AI? they were way more money in 308 i thought, like $125ish. unless that was the long action mags?

Word was the early BA's used AI mags (I think mine are) until savage sorted something either with a vendor or in-house.

I think it was mentioned in the American Rifleman article on the 110 BA

The article is titled "power purchase:savage 110BA"

They talk about the magazines in the fourth paragraph

I'd post the link but my reader doesn't seem to want to cut and paste

someone was waiting to see if the new DBM would retro fit the old lets say 10FCP pre-silly bolt release factory DBM inlet. the parts finder is not usable without a serial number. so, were the early BA mags still priced at $125? if they changed, was the DBM changed to accommodate a new mag or is the new an AI pattern? i know we should ask savage, and someone has. he is still waiting or hasnt updated the post. ill call tomorrow. or do some poking. here is what i spotted in the aw/ae/aics thread, rolex rifleman, i an going to borrow one if you dont mind sir. these are all 308s

DSCN2284.jpg

............................................AW.........................................AICS.........................................AE.........................
DSCN2288.jpg

aw left, aics is the middle and ae on the end.

111longrange338.png

hard to see, but looking at it, it looks like the AE. plus the rifle is 338 and the mags in the photo are 308

here we go, aics with the two stamped detents.

quoting Stacey

Updating with pictures. From left to right
1. AICS .223 10rd
2. AICS / AE MKII .308 5rd
3. AICS / AE MKII .308 10rd
4. AW .308 10rd
5. AWM / AICS .300WM 5rd
6. AWSM / AICS .338LM 5rd
7. AICS CIP 5rd
IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAPbSH6_zAA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BAPbSH6_zAA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Cabelas near me had one on the shelf the other day. I have no reason to own one but really wanted it anyhow!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cabelas near me had one on the shelf the other day. I have no reason to own one but really wanted it anyhow!</div></div>

how much was it? are you talking the hs precision model or lrh?

precision modl i believe. 1500$

Anyone manage to find one in stock yet, or know if they have been released? Range reports?

It's the cover rifle on the new guns&weapons for law enforcement. Good write up. It's the ba just not in a chassis. Say it's like 10# and kicks like a .308 says the writer but quid pro quo goes a long way too. I will have to say it's a cheaper ($) way to get into the lr game. I would shoot it! But I am building one right now anywho. Would love to see some range reports from guys on here if and when someone pops for one.

I am just waiting to find one in stock.

Oh and some Bergers for it. Any bets on which will come first, the chicken or the egg?

Interesting rifle - I'd like to hear some range reports too if/when anyone gets one.

Unless it comes with free ammo, I can't afford to shoot it.

I just went down to the local(ish) supporter of my addiction and put my deposit down on one. He will make some calls Monday and let me know what the availability situation is like.

I am crossing my fingers for no more than a couple of weeks, though I have a feeling it will be more than that.

Initial impressions are good. I did have to put the barrel in a vice and straighten the muzzle brake, which was rather annoying. It was rotated past center when it was installed. I will be calling savage and getting another crush washer tomorrow.

Fit and finish are ok. There were a couple of dings in the aluminum bottom metal in locations that point to the factory, rather than shipping. The magazine is the same as the BA. Marked 338 Lapua and 3.850, though my rough estimates have the max COAL at 3.830. I will know more when my dies show up Thursday.

The stock is... an H.S. Precision. Good bad or indifferent, opinions vary. For a factory stock on a $1200.00 .338 Lapua it is fantastic. The palm swell seems a bit big, but that is more than likely just me. I have small hands.

I will post some pics when I can find my camera.

I will post a range report/full review when my local guy gets some 6-24 PST's back in stock.

i just picked up my at cabelas last night

Hello everyone, first post here.

I have had the itch for several months for a 338LM and stumbled across the Savage 110 FCP HS Precision. When I saw the price I was sold.

I have no previous experience with Savage so I'm not sure about the overall quality and out of the box accuracy. From what I have been able to find on the internet forums (and here) its a good rifle for the money. Like a 1911 I also read big gains can be had from a little bit of custom work to the rifle. I have already talked to Scott here http://www.savagegunsmithing.com/ about going over the rifle and tuning it up a bit.

Looking at this scope, (link to midwayusa) http://tinyurl.com/69rsdk8 with a Ken Farrell 10MOA incline base and G-Force rings. Add a Harris bi-pod to complete the package.

I would love an Accuracy International Arctic Warfare 338LM with a Schmidt & Bender 4–16 x 50 PM II LP but that's just out of my price range.

This will my my first venture in to long range target (1000 yards +). So keeping the cost reasonable is important. I'm also not expecting to take it out past 1500 yards, more like 500 to 1000 most of the time so I think the 4.5-14 power scope will work out well.

Thoughts? Am I on the right track?

In my opinion you will be far better off buying a used scope from the classifieds here. The mk4 leupolds are ok scopes for the money, but for the same price you can get a nightforce with matching reticle and turrets. I think the nightforce is a far superior scope in every way except for the weight. for 1400 you can get some really good used scopes that most here agree are better than the MK4.

Check out the optics section, use the search for budget scope threads (I think there are several on the first page right now) and read allot.

The only reason I was looking at the MK4 is all of my scopes now are Leupold and I like them very well.

Just got off the phone with the tech at NF, I do like the NXS F1 in 3.5-15 x 50, looking at the MLR2 reticle. Its not really that much more then the MK4 and its with in the real of possibility. Ill give it serious consideration, first I need to pick up the rifle.

So... I've been looking around trying to find the 110FCP in stock and it seems they are kind of hard to find right now. Just out of the blue today I take a drive to my local gun store. I walk in and say Hi to the owner. I ask him if he ever got the price for the 110FCP I had asked for last week. He said "I got more then the price, I got the gun sitting in the back".

It turns out another guy had ordered one a few months ago and when came in the guy decided he didn't want it. What are the odds???? So I started the DROS paperwork today, 10 days and counting (its a California thing).