• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage Arms M10-BA with USO SN3 review / report

Boosted2.0

Private
Minuteman
I've lurked on here and asked a few questions over the last year and I have been VERY greatful for the huge amounts of knowledge and assistance I have taken away. As a result of my research I had decided that a Savage .308 M10-BA with a USO SN3 1.8x10 would be a good choice for me. I've now had a few trips to the range to evaluate the choice and these are my impressions. Please keep in mind that I am not an experienced long distance shooter either - my AR-15 is my only other rifle. This is the rifle in question:

Link to snapfish picture of rifle & scope

So my initial experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I am using just a rifle mounted Harris bipod and my hands for stabilization.

The gun itself is large and heavy due to the long thick barrel, but very easy to use. The adjustable stock was easy to get dialed in, and seems to be retaining position nicely. The adustable trigger is set to a pull that I find to be just right, and I love the 10 round magazines. It has very little recoil as well, which is nice as I don't get to the range very often, so when I do go I like to shoot quite a few rounds.

The scope is amazing (coming from Nikon on my AR). I was particularly impressed by how well it performs in low light. It also seems to hold position between uses very nicely, and with the EREK knob it is super easy to adjust. I may have wasted money on the illuminated reticle however, as I have had no need to use it as of yet.

The accuracy is probably the best feature. After only 2 trips to the range and no instruction I am shooting 1 inch diameter 5 shot groups at 100 yards with ease. I take almost no credit for that either - the gun is doing all the work. Pretty much every person who I have let use it has been able to bullseye within 2 - 3 shots, and they are usually no more than 2"-3" out on first shot.

SO all in all, I am thrilled. I have been using Hornady match grade ammo which has also been very satisfactory. I look forward to trying it out at 200 and 300 yards on my next outing.