• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis bolt question; not locking??

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
I'm not a gunsmith, never claimed to be, but yet it seems like everyone I work with wants me to look at their guns when they can't get them to work. The latest guy brings me 2, one is a left handed savage axis, the bolt won't close fully, maybe 1/2 way. Guy claims not to have touched it since he last fired it?? I pulled the bolt and disassembled the back half to the firing pin (newest style, post 2019) everything looked fine per YouTube. But it feels janky, like it's trying to come uncocked when the bolt is reinstalled, I feel a definite click about the time the bolt stops, and then the trigger does something, but it don't feel right. Any Savage guys ever have a similar problem??

Of course, you can always give Savage a call. Also, SavageShooters.com is a good place to go. Very knowledgeable and helpful group.

Reactions: BAMAboy18