• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis/Edge 10 Round High Capacity Magazine..

Okay, to those who have been following this thread and checking out Snyder Magazines | Mount Gilead, OH 43338, our website is hosted by Homestead, who has decided they don't want to host a website that sells rifle magazines...lol. And since that is their attitude, we don't want them hosting us anyway! So we are in the process of changing hosting services. Hopefully there will not be an interruption in service, but we have to re-do the site in another software program, which will take us a couple days. You can always reach us here on the hide, and we should be up and running again real soon. Those who have sent in orders, no problem...we have them...and are building as fast as we can :)

Thanks to all who support the 2nd Amendment!

Magman2
Tom S.
Snyder Magazines | Mount Gilead, OH 43338

Reactions: Patm750
I found my numbers for the 204/223 series of magazines...

MAG BOX 223/204 (NFS) - PN: 105916 $17.00
MAG FOLLOWER ASSY 204/223 - PN: 106253 $4.00
MAG BOTTOM PLASTIC - PN: 107951 $3.00 (same on all short action magazine assemblies)

That outta keep ya in magazine supplies... for a minute!! LOL

DK

Yea, a minute is about right! But this is a big help, especially when complete mags are unavailable...thanks again!
Tom S.

You are most welcome!! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your 243/308 version!!

DK

Okay, to those who have been following this thread and checking out Snyder Magazines | Mount Gilead, OH 43338, our website is hosted by Homestead, who has decided they don't want to host a website that sells rifle magazines...lol. And since that is their attitude, we don't want them hosting us anyway! So we are in the process of changing hosting services. Hopefully there will not be an interruption in service, but we have to re-do the site in another software program, which will take us a couple days. You can always reach us here on the hide, and we should be up and running again real soon. Those who have sent in orders, no problem...we have them...and are building as fast as we can :)

Thanks to all who support the 2nd Amendment!

Magman2
Tom S.
Snyder Magazines | Mount Gilead, OH 43338

Website is back up and running well at the new hosting service. Hope we didn't cause anyone an inconvenience. Thanks for following us on the hide!

Magman2

Hey Tom, I noticed on your website that you will not be building any 22-250 caliber magazines. That magazine body is the same as the 243/308 body, but with very minor feed lip changes. I think you might have intended for that to read 25-06, as in the long action magazine body, like the 30-06. Just an FYI.

The 243/308 body will also work directly with the 260 Remington as well.

If you wish to use me as a test person, I will be willing to do so. 10 round magazine, OF COURSE!! PM me and let me know. Thanks!!

DK

I haven't been on the thread in a while. I have a Savage Axis 308 and i'm looking for a larger capacity magazine, can you tell me who is working on them and how much they are.
Thanks.
Mike

any chance you might be able to fix or replace that crappy plastic mag release too?

We have found a way to at least strengthen it. Only going to offer the .308s in a 10-round because of that plastic clip...a lot of weight in those .308 cartridges. We have also found that the plastic part can be replaced cheaply if it does break. If you are using a conversion that we make, you would have to buy the replacement through us since we would have to modify it to fit the converted magazines we make. Thanks for your inquiry :)

Magman2

***I got a testimonial from a good customer... thought I would share. Thanks Alex!!***

Donnie,

Well here are some images of how the mag looks once its seated. The first time I tried seating it, it took a little effort to get the clip in the front to click into place but after removing it a few times and reinserting it, it can be done now with little effort. I loaded 10 rd’s in the mag and cycled through them all with no issues.

I am extremely happy with the mag and on looks alone, I love it! Again, thanks so much for the great work!

Thank you,

Alex

image001.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg
I need to buy a savage axis magazine in 308 if the price is reasonable . Please send me a quote via my e-mail.

Tom,

I haven't forgot about testing the 243/308 yet, but hopefully I will have it in the mail to you soon!!

DK

Tom,

I haven't forgot about testing the 243/308 yet, but hopefully I will have it in the mail to you soon!!

DK

Don't worry about sending one, DK, we will just send you one of ours to test. I'm sure you don't really NEED another .308 mag after all the ones you built :) Then you can critique it for us before we sell them. We are getting close...hopefully be done by the end of March (fingers crossed).

We've been working on another Savage design flaw for a few days and will post pix here. The plastic clip for these mags is a real problem, and we've had soooo many people ask about them...so we did a little R&D and came up with a "fix" for it. Everything we do on the .223s also translates to the .308s, so things should go quickly now.

We're anxious to hear what you think, so we are hurrying :)

Tom
Snyder Magazines

I need to buy a savage axis magazine in 308 if the price is reasonable . Please send me a quote via my e-mail.

Check out Snyder Magazines. Don't know price yet...still working up costs. Will be in the area of $100.00+, but not too much + :) Shipping will still be $6.00, and we will offer the option to provide the Savage .308 magazine to save a bit.

Magman2
Tom S.
Snyder Magazines

For those who have been asking us through our website, here is a picture of the "fix" we have developed for the plastic clip on the Savage Axis rifles. Makes it much stronger and easier to clip into the gun. Note the new piece welded just below the clip. This one goes out to a customer tomorrow :)

Magman2
Snyder Magazines

10 round mag in rifle.jpg10 round mag withclip arrow.jpg

Attachments

• 10 round mag qtr. view.jpg
    10 round mag qtr. view.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I will be ready and waiting. I have the Axis style bottom as well as the Model 10!! Thanks!!

DK

Not a problem. I will get all of that worked out for ya... Did you get the address from the PM?? I can't tell if it sent or not.

DK

Not a problem. I will get all of that worked out for ya... Did you get the address from the PM?? I can't tell if it sent or not.

DK

Yep, pm'd to you, Z :) We will talk before we send your .308 mag. Hopefully sometime next week to ship to you for testing. Is your Savage 10 a .308 or a .223? We'll send you a mag that you can modify for that and send back to us so we can see what you did, if you are agreeable to that :) Thanks so much for all your help DK.

TS

I don't have any rifles in 223, except for my MagPul AR15. The other rifles that I have are all .243Win. I have both bottom metals to try (plastic and metal), so the magazine will need to be with the release tab like the Axis. The Models 10, 11, and 200 that we have will need to have the tab removed, but I will do that for you.

I will fully test the magazines for each application, and I will let you know of any improvements (if at all) that might be made. Your stuff looks good to me, and I am looking forward to getting one in hand!!

DK

For those who are wondering when we will have the .308 extended magazines ready, this post is for you. We have had a lot of orders for the .223s so development on the .308 has been delayed several times. We also lost about 4 days building a chicken house for our daughter..lol. So, here is an update.

We completed the first .308 10-round magazine. Although it looked great, it was a complete failure. Didn't feed right, didn't load right, and just didn't work the way it should. However, much of the development is still good, but we think it is a follower problem. The bullets are just not flowing through the magazine the way they should. So we are moving on to plan B.

We're keeping on it and will post when they are ready. This is just a small problem, and we are working on the solution now. Just wanted to update all those who have messages or e-mailed us. Keep watching Snyder Magazines and it will be posted there when ready.

Thanks for following us on the hide!

Magman2
TS

Tom, if you wanna just send it to me as is, I will check it out for you and offer up some solutions. I have a few ideas of what problems that I encountered.

Just let me know. Thanks!!

DK

Thanks, DK...we appreciate your offer. But it was only a minor adjustment to the follower to fix it. Still hangs up in the middle of the feeding cycle, but I'm sure that is a spring problem, so I'll add a little more "spring" to the spring and it should be good to go. If the spring doesn't fix it, I'll take you up on your offer and send you the dang thing :) I have 10 more .223s to get shipped out by Monday.

TS

Here is an update on .308s from Snyder Magazines: we have decided the FAL magazine needs too much "finessing" to make it a good fit for the Savage Axis .308, so we are going back to the Cetme G3s like RatMag used. Seems to be a much easier conversion :) They don't look as "pretty" but they work much better, and that is the important thing.

Magman2

I recommend the H&K G3 mags over the Cetme mags. You will need the straight body to help with the rounds transitioning into the Savage magazine body. You might be able to get it to work properly, but I found it to be more difficult. H&K G3's are plentiful and cheap. Cheaper Than Dirt is the best source out there for them that I have found.

DK

I recommend the H&K G3 mags over the Cetme mags. You will need the straight body to help with the rounds transitioning into the Savage magazine body. You might be able to get it to work properly, but I found it to be more difficult. H&K G3's are plentiful and cheap. Cheaper Than Dirt is the best source out there for them that I have found.

DK

That's what we did, DK...ordered them from Cheaper Than Dirt, although I don't think too much of their excessive shipping rates :( We had one Cetme and are waiting for the batch from CTD to arrive. Have one built, and it works, but not happy with it yet. You get the first one off the line as soon as it is ready.

TS

Well, the .308 magazine is finally working great! It goes together much better with the G3 donor mags and a little interior work. Haven't completely given up on the FAL donor yet, though. As soon as it gets it's paint job, we are sending it out for a quality test :) Then as soon as we get the "OK" we will be adding them to the order form on Snyder Magazines for all those who have been asking. And we'll be sending out e-mails to the 85 people who have inquired about them too. Thanks, DK for all the advice...you are a great help.

Hello snipers hide readers! Jim Tebow here making my very first post on the snipers hide website. I was brought here and joined this forum specifically to find higher capacity magazines for my Savage Axis rifle in .223. I couldn't believe what a fabulous gun I was able to purchase for $300 including a half decent scope (that will soon be replaced) and really the only thing that I truly did not like was the limited capacity of the magazine. Well Magman2 absolutely solved that issue for me by building two of his 10 round 223 magazines for me. It took me a while to find and purchase the correct magazines for them to convert and then a couple of weeks for him to complete the work but I have to say was absolutely worth the wait and absolutely worth the investment.

I received my magazines in fairly professional packaging that ensured they would arrive in good condition and could instantly tell that the quality of workmanship was very good. I've had the magazines for a month or two now but finally got the opportunity to take them out to the range for a little workout. Normally when I get a new firearm one of the first things I do this to polish the feed ramp on anything that's a bolt or semi automatic action. Despite the fact that I had not done this yet both 10 round magazines worked flawlessly regardless of the number of rounds loaded into the magazine. The only issues that I had with the magazines not working were the result of user error and the lousy system of magazine retention that the Axis uses when I failed to get the rear of the magazine completely seated. I used three different styles of ammunition including 55 grain FMJ, 69 grain match BTHP and 62 grain Fusion soft points. Performance and reliability were excellent with all the ammunition that I used. Bonus points for the "Tacticool" factor as the rifle certainly looks a little more ominous with that 10 round magazine hanging out of it.

If any of you out there are considering purchasing these magazines from Magman2 I can certainly say that I recommend his products and service. This is my first foray into real long-range shooting and since I was doing it on a budget the Savage Axis was a very attractive choice with its excellent reputation for accuracy and very affordable price. Tom and Terri solved the only major issue I ever had with this rifle which was the four round capacity. Considering the the next closest rifle I could get with a 10 round removable magazine would've been a Ruger or Mossberg at close to $900, the investment of a little more than 100 bucks for two 10 round magazines was a steal. Better get on the stick before the mad rush for 308 mags backs up their shop.

Wow, we feel great, Jim...what a wonderful post! You've been a great customer and we hope to see you again one day! Thank you so very much!

I am sure we will be hittin ya up got some mags as well. I am lookin forward to getting hands on them and runnin them through the wringer!

God Bless, and keep them barrels warm!!

DK

For jimtebow, and others who have read his amazing comments, (I blushed when I read them :) this issue with the metal back clip on the original Savage Axis magazines is a problem. In response to the issues some people have had with the metal back clip, our conversion process does nothing to this clip, it is just a faulty part we've inherited from Savage. Cartridges will not feed into the chamber if the magazine is improperly seated. However, we were able to do something about the front plastic clip, so we decided to make an adjustment to the Savage floor plate that might help that back clip a bit. We are also showing in all our videos that you need to "smack" the back of the magazine to be sure it is fully clipped in, once the front clip is engaged. You can actually hear the metal clip grab hold. This will prevent any problems with improper seating of these magazines, and should be done whether or not you are using an extended magazine or the original. DO NOT PRY ON THE METAL CLIP to try to make it fit tighter. It is a heat treated metal and will just snap off...we've learned this the hard way. I'm posting a couple videos below that shows this and if you go to www.snydermags.com Video Page, there are several more demos.

Thanks to all who are following us on the hide! We appreciate each one of you!
Magman2/ TS
http://youtu.be/6Ig9nPF_6LY
http://youtu.be/PpRwt8y5tq8

Last edited:
They are finally ready! The .243/.308/7mm-08 ten round magazines for the Savage Axis rifle is available for sale at Snyder Magazines on the Products Page. Thank you to all who have been waiting patiently :) Zrat, yours will be in the mail to you tomorrow...let us know what you think :)
.308 10-round magazine.jpg

Reactions: mikes911
OK, after giving the magazine a good 'ol fashioned kick in the seat... I think we have us a winner!!

I contacted Tom concerning the 243/308 magazine that he sent me... for my birthday no less!! LOL... and here is what came from it. There was a slight hang up while loading and cycling the rifle, between rounds 4 & 5. This only occured when cycling the rifle by hand. During our outing, the recoil of the rifle took care of the slight hang up, and it cycled fine.

I took the magazine apart, and slightly rounded the edges of the magazine follower. I put the magazine back together, and she loads and functions flawlessly now. I made my suggestions to Tom, and he told me that he was incorporating the changes into his magazine design. I have to say, he has done a great job with it!!

I would also like to mention, Tom has added a small piece of steel to the front of the magazine body to support the magazine band. This is a great addition to a solid design, and it has made the magazine AWESOME!! I have to say, Tom has got himself a WINNER on his hands!! Tom is good to go to take care of your magazine needs for the Savage Axis/Edge rifles... AND ALSO... The front magazine release tab can be removed to use with the Model 10, 11, 12, 14, & 16 rifles!!!!

Great guy, great magazine, great cause!!

DK

Thanks so much for your wonderful review DK! We are going to start rounding off the follower edges...know exactly what you are talking about. And we have orders for about two dozen of these .308s and we will make this change from the get-go. Yours was the first one we actually sent out, and wanted to hear what you had to say before finishing these builds. We expect this to be a popular item, so we bought 60 G3s to be ready for it :)

You should get the .223 mags sometime today, know you can't shoot from them, unless you can borrow a .223, but we just wanted you to see what we were doing to make them work. They are a lot more finicky than the .308s are, that is for sure.

Thanks so much for making the suggestions you did...you're a great guy. Hope to go knock over a few targets with you one day :)

Tom

Tom,

I have enjoyed working with you and the others on trying to bring this stuff to a reality. Sorry to say that I can't build them anymore, but it has it's own rewards since I honestly don't have the time right now.

You and your wife are awesome people, and I am so happy for you guys this is working out for ya!! It's great to see others helping out our Savage Arms fans!!

Keep up the good fight Brother, and keep them barrels warm!!!

DK

OK Gang, I got my hands on the 204/223 magazine from Tom. All I can say is WOW!! Tom, my hats off to ya Buddy, you do some great work!! The 204/223 magazine snaps into place perfectly, and the rounds cycle through it like melted butter!! I have to give you guys 2 HUGE thumbs up for some great products!!

Keep the 2nd Amendment strong, and keep them barrels warm!! Carry on...

DK

Thanks, DK...glad you liked it. I figured you were sitting there scratching your head and wondering, "how on earth does he gets this to work?" If you have a use for the .223 mag, keep it...if not, use that prepaid label and send it back so we can send it on to someone else :)

We are seeing some of those people you are sending in our direction -- coming directly to us, not going through the website for their first contact -- we know those guys came from your recommendation. We're shipping out bunches of .308s this week. We've actually started making them in batches of 24 since batches of 10 were just going way too fast! Thanks for your recommendations.

We have to take some time off next week for my Dad's memorial service. His ashes are coming back from Colorado on Wednesday for burial in Lexington, OH, on Saturday, and we will be out of the shop for a few days with family obligations. But this week we are starting back on the .223s, both 15 and 10 rounders.

Quick question: we had one guy ask if the 243/308 would work for a 22-250. We told him we did not think it would, but I remember you mentioned something about the 22-250 in one of your mails. If they will work in one of the mags we are already making, then I can tell him okay, but we just don't have time to develop any more "new" mags now.

I'm so glad we have developed a "fix" for the magazine since the Savage is a nice little rifle, with the biggest drawback being that tiny little mag. We are having a lot of fun making them, and firing them too! My wife is turning into a pretty good shot but the .308 will knock her down :) DK, you have been a big help...now all we need you to do is get your butt back to Ohio so we can spend some time tearing up the targets on our farm, and maybe a coyote or two. Good luck with your hospital project, we keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You have been a good friend.

Tom S.

Tom,

As long as the customer wants to provide the Savage magazine "host", you have a HUGE range of magazines that you can build. Almost anything that works with the short action receivers, will fit inside the G3 bodies nicely. Yes, the 22-250 will work using the 243/308 body, but you will need to "squeeze" the front of the feed lips slightly to make it hold the rounds correctly. Basically any of the casings that are similar to the 243/308 cartridge will work.

I don't have my listings anymore, but I had, (if I remember correctly) 14 different cartridges that I built magazines. That includes the WSM chamberings as well.

Since you have the 204/223 magazine (that is amazing, I might add), you should have a HUGE backlog of orders to fill. I am glad to see that you are busy!!

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to you guys. Not only for your loss, but also for everything that you have gained by the magazine business... Hang in there!!

Your Savage Shooting Buddy!!

DK

Thanks, DK...I will revise my answer to the guy with the 22-250. Nice to know I have a go-to guy when I get in over my head :)

Tom

Does anyone know where I can purchase these mags? I have a .30-06 Savage and the 4 round clip isn't doing shit for me. I wanted to get a 10 round if possible. Please, someone let me know.