• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage Barrel in Mossberg Patriot Action?

Anonymoose

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2020
USA
I've seen this asked in many posts across many forums. The thread diameter and pitch are the same apparently. They both use a barrel nut. Will a small shank Savage Barrel fit a Mossberg Patriot Action?

I'd love to go the prefit route and there are so many Savage prefits out there while there are no Mossberg Patriots that I've come across. Has anyone out there physically confirmed that a Savage small shank will or will not fit a Patriot Action?

I removed my barrel from my mossberg patriot 308 and it measured 1.055"-20. I'd like to know to because shaw makes a nice barrel that I like.

I have a take off barrel here it you need some measurements? We switched this one to a no nut barrel .

Attachments

• 20210806_154837.jpg
    20210806_154837.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 20210806_154924.jpg
    20210806_154924.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 301
I got my patriot 308 from a friend who had a barrel obstruction and split the barrel. Im just fixing it up. Im ordering a Shaw pre fit 24 inch barrel made for the savage axis.
1629853695365202929219907152552.jpg

You might want the savage nut if looks are a concern the Mosseberg shank is much bigger in diameter so there will be a gap around the front .

I was going to get a savage nut with the barrel. I'll have to use the mossberg recoil lug because my receiver isn't notched like the savage axis. What gap where you referring about?

Look at the picture I posted above that's a Mossberg barrel next to a Savage barrel see how the diameter tapers up on the Mossberg barrel and the savage is straight ? The front of the Mossberg nut is hollow to fit over that taper I should have snapped a picture to better explain .

I noticed my nut off the mossberg is tapered to go with the taper on the barrel. I will definitely get a savage nut with my new barrel. Thank you for the information. Ill post a photo when I get it finished.

Reactions: Easy_E