• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

savage boyds tacticool stock problems

starscream

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2011
Long Island, NY
Im on my second stock the first came cracked, now i put in the trigger guard and it cracked between the front of the trigger guard and the back of the mag plate. I have a fvxp and was going to use the stock screws but they don't seem to reach do i need tr screws i read i can just re-use the fv screws. should i just return it and say the hell with it or is the crack ok.

Re: savage boyds tacticool stock problems

Is the stock actually cracked or the finish?

I also cant screw the front trigger screw in even without the trigger so it has to be the stock anyone else have this problem.

I had the problem of not being able to use the supplied actions screw with my FV but then i just turned my own screws down on a lathe because i could not find new longer screws anywhere in the random savage size i think they are like 10-28 or something random

You want 1" screws from Savage.

I got one in last week and the action wouldn't drop in without extensive inletting.... I haven't gotten my bottom metal in yet, but if mine cracks, I'm done with the tacticool stock.

Rename these as tacti-crap. Everyone I have talked to who has had one of these stocks has had the same problem. Mine came to my door cracked and I returned it and bought something different from another supplier. The stocks look cool...but thay's about it.

Find out the size and thread pitch, then check out Fastenal or McMaster-Carr.

Well, I just checked my invoice and the stock that I ordered was for an E model. Mine is not an E model, so that's why it didn't fit.... My fault, not Boyd's.

As far as I know the E and non-E actions/rifles have the same spacing and have the trigger in the same spot. Everything I've heard points to the non-E actions fitting in stocks labeled as E action rifles.

I was giving serious thought to ordering one of these before seeing this post. Are others having this problem, or is this more a one-off situation? I sure don't want to spend the money on a stock that is going to crack.

I have 2 of the boyds tacti... no problems yet....contact boyds seem like good CS out there.... just my .02

I haven't had a problem with mine yet either. It's for a MK II TR and the barreled action has been in and out more than 10 times and tightened again. I did install DIP bottom metal immediately (before even shooting).