• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage firing pin bushed- By who??

hafejd30

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    MI
    Bottom line I have a friend with a Savage. Getting primer flow with Lapua SRP brass. Nothing else for pressure signs and what not

My go to is LRI but don’t think they work on savages. I know you guys are on other forums and could point me in the right direction for this

Who would bush a savage bolt?

Why not just buy a new bolt head? Unless it's cheaper to bush it?
    Who makes them? PTG I see but figured having this one bushed would ensure I wouldn’t run into any fitment issues

This is the worst one I had out of 100. Most were 1/2 this bad. I have a bench source annealer and noticed a decent amount of wobble in some cases. Was noticed at lower charges as well and seems to be a common issue like the AI rifles have.

This is 43.0 grains of H4350 and 143 ELDX. Zero pressure signs besides the cratering that I can tell. Good bolt lift, no ejector marks etc

CCI 450 small rifle magnum primer
    Lapua SRP brass
    H4350 43 grains
    6359633D-592F-4366-98A7-AA4BBB490F8F.jpeg

Bottom line I have a friend with a Savage. Getting primer flow with Lapua SRP brass. Nothing else for pressure signs and what not

My go to is LRI but don’t think they work on savages. I know you guys are on other forums and could point me in the right direction for this

Who would bush a savage bolt?

Several threads on https://forum.accurateshooter.com about his work, is a member there and savageshooters forum.

Reactions: hafejd30
    Grimstod he is the guy you are looking for he can also install a bolt lift kit that is top of the line in that area as well.

Benjamin Chappell

Desh Industries LLC. 552 Coolidge St. New Cumberland, PA 17070

Reactions: hafejd30
    Grimstod he is the guy you are looking for he can also install a bolt lift kit that is top of the line in that area as well.

Benjamin Chappell

Desh Industries LLC. 552 Coolidge St. New Cumberland, PA 17070
    Deshind is the website for Grimstod correct? Same guy?

Reactions: AllenOne1