• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage LRPV Aftermarket Stock

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
My dad has a duel port LRPV single shot and does not like the HS Precision stock that came on it. Will any of the Bell and Carlson stocks fit with minimal work?

Re: Savage LRPV Aftermarket Stock

What is the action spacing on the two screws furthest apart?

This is the one with the three action screw right?

I do believe that these will fit any 4.4 inch action screw stock. Obviously you will not be using 3 screws but it doesn't really matter. So go ahead and get a XLR or PDC chassis, or basically any of the major stock manufacturers stocks. IE. McMillan, Manners, B&C, etc.

Unfortunately, the stock has 4 screws.
2012-12-02_12-26-11_166.jpg
What are the options now?

That's actually three action screws. The rear-most screw is just for the trigger guard.

You need to measure the centers between the front trigger-guard screw, and the one furthest away. The one in-between is the one that will have to be drilled out, if wanted.

You have to drill out the back of the trigger guard with every bell and carlson. At least on mine I should have... Now I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

We do build a chassis for the 3 screw Savage Target action (or LRPV). That being said, your rifle can also be used with any 4.41 stock you would just not use the middle screw. (or make provisions for one)

-Kyle ~ XLR

Reactions: Dirty D

XLR, are you saying he doesn't have to use the center screw. If so, will that not throw the accuracy off on the rifle without it or will two screws be enough?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We do build a chassis for the 3 screw Savage Target action (or LRPV). That being said, your rifle can also be used with any 4.41 stock you would just not use the middle screw. (or make provisions for one)

-Kyle ~ XLR </div></div>

One day I will have this chasis. I love that XLR, everybody where I am has AIC and I hate em. I have got to get behind one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 243Varminter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">XLR, are you saying he doesn't have to use the center screw. If so, will that not throw the accuracy off on the rifle without it or will two screws be enough? </div></div>

It will not throw off the accuracy. 2 screws are all that are needed. Many people build off the target actions and most use just 2 screws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 243Varminter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">XLR, are you saying he doesn't have to use the center screw. If so, will that not throw the accuracy off on the rifle without it or will two screws be enough? </div></div>

It will not throw off the accuracy. 2 screws are all that are needed. Many people build off the target actions and most use just 2 screws.</div></div>

this...

this is my duel port LRPV in a choate tac-folder..

I have one of those target actions in a wood stock and it only uses 2 of the screws. The gun shoots .25 moa.

This is great news. My dad will be very pleased. He would never buy a McMillan or Manners because of cost but he might buy another B&C. Thanks for all the help.

I know this thread is old. But did you ever get a chasis for you LRPV ???