• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage M10FCP10, What do you guys think?

Re: Savage M10FCP10, What do you guys think?

It's a nice rifle. A friend had one of them and it would shoot southwest ammo 175s great if you did your part behind it.

I have one and it shoots fine and it will accept AI mags. If you roll your own I can give you a good starting point.

My buddy just got one but we haven't shot it yet, I like the mag system. I'm shooting a 20" 10PC in .308 with a 10rnd RatMag and love it. Savage is making some very nice rigs for the money.

I'm not a fan of the feel of the accustock, I think it's plastic. My friend has one that shoots accurately though.

His is the 10 FP 5R. It came with the accustock and Savage's DBM system, which is different from what you linked. He paid something like $750 new for it. Up to you if you think the new mag system is worth $200.

The 10FCP SR I had was fantastic.
The accustock was fine as frog hair imo.
I paid $950 for mine shipped. She was a tack driver.
10 round magazine with fluted and threaded barrel.
You would not go wrong at all imo getting one.

The one linked is the 10FCP-SR, the sku is the same.
I just bought one of these for $869 from Buds.
The DBM(from accurate mag I believe, at least the mag says so), is damn nice machining.

I have not gotten to shoot mine yet though, as I am waiting for my optics to arrive.
Threading is nice, just mounted my AAC 51T Blackout Compensator..........now my form 4's just need to get approved :p

9fingers,
What kind of load data do you got. I'll be shooting some 175 most likely with Win 748. For subsonic I got some 190s which will be paired with Trailboss.

A friend of mine has one and it shoots great. I have personally shot it to 800 yards at steel and hit consistently. I'm sure you will love it if you decide to give we a go

Wow. $869 is by far the lowest Ive ever saw that rifle go for.
When I got mine Buds was $969. I got mine from Kygunco. For $925+25 shipping. Thats one helluva good price you got from Buds
I just checked and they are $893. I swear I kept an eye on that rifle
for a long time after I bought it and it consistently ran $969
OP, theres you chance from buds at $893........

I have the Model10FCPK and its an absolute tack driver. And that's with FGMM 168's.

Yeah man, those fcpk with the breaks are really sweet.
That fcp sr would shoot anything good......as Im sure the
fcpk would too.

I looked at that rifle also and am also debating on getting it after the first of the year. I have had real good luck with savages for my past rifles and am kinda particular to them as of right now.

It is what it is, isn't it?

It's all about what you want it for, how you intend to use it, what your capabilities and expectations are.

Stock: there's another thread about ladder testing which includes this pearl (emphasis added):

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yeahkkyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I love the stock. Definitely makes the rifle completely different. It is very solid compared to the factory stock. Mainly the fact of the adjustable cheek piece and butt plate. No more straining to keep a full sight picture. I also really like the pistol grip. </span>I searched around and a lot of places this stock was "out of stock". I called 1shotgear.com and they had 1 left. Shipped from colorado to pennsylvania it was $461 but I received in 2 days. <span style="font-weight: bold">Definitely worth the money.</span> </div></div>

Factory rifles are what they are. Why try to adapt yourself to the rifle when you can adapt the rifle to you? You would be pleased with the results. You will shoot better, be more comfortable, your practice time will be much more productive, etc. IOW you're not saving money ignoring ergonomics. If LOP is wrong how will you correct it? Cheek position?

OK, so it has a detachable 10 round magazine. Are you seeking first-round performance, or rate of fire?

Barrel / Chamber: Is this another long-throated factory wonder, with a chamber and throat designed by the attorneys? If you're going to shoot factory ammo you probably don't care. If you're going to shoot aftermarket bullets you definitely care. At least they had the decency to use a 1/10 twist.

The stock (the user interface) and the barrel (the bullet interface) IMO are the heart of the rifle. Are THEY what you really want? That's the question.

I have one and thought it was going to be my new favorite 308....then I shot it. Its not that its inaccurate but after using a chassis the accustock is horrible feeling, the bedding is cool but the plastic is cheap feeling and flimsy away from the aluminum, but it also isn't a $1300 piece either. If you haven't shot a rifle in a chassis a lot then the stock is probably fine, I'm just spoiled now. The stock would greatly benefit from a Karsten adjustable check piece, its really low with the 20 moa rail on it. I have plans on putting the 308 action in an XLR carbon chassis soon as funds permit. And putting a 223AI with a 22" barrel in it and I think that way I'll like the stock better.

I had honestly thought of putting my TSR in a McRee stock.
But, then decided not too. The rifle shoots just fine.
I could certainly say the same for the Savage I had.
I guess it just depends what ya want. For me, I just dont shoot
enough or long enough (atleast not yet) to justify one.
I can certainly make due with a factory stock.
Unless, I someday do get lucky enough to shoot a rifle
with a McRee stock or the like and then it may well be a
different ballgame. I have an FN SPR A4 on the way.
We'll see I reckon.......

Having the dbm is nice but I'd get the 12 lrp in 6.5 creedmoor again. Better ballastics than the .308. You can get get ammo online for less than $22/23/ box. The HS Precision stock isn't bad, but I've got mine in a McCree now which I really like. Northland has them in 6.5 and .260 for $875. http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?181-Firearms-For-Sale-Complete-Rifles-New-Unfired. You can also get large capacity mags to fit the savage dbm, The dark eagle mags work well in the Savage dbm. The receiver is heavier and I like the trigger on the LRP, mines about two lbs, came that way from Savage, haven't felt the need to change it. If I do my part it shoots .5 moa or better with Hornady amax 140's.

I'm not sure about the Accustock. I'd prefer a HS Precision or McMillan model. Then get some 10rd mags from Dark Eagle Custom (http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/index.shtml). They are about the length of AW mags instead of the overyly long 10rd AICS mags.

I hate the ergonomics of the stock, personally. Way too shallow of a grip angle and too low of a comb. The gun itself is perfectly functional, though. My opinion would be:

Savage 10FC-SR (.308, heavy barrel, threaded muzzle) - $590

CDI Precision DBM - $210

Choate Tactical - $225

Total: $1025

Costs a bit more, but in my opinion, you end up with a much better stock. I believe if you order from TacticalWorks, they have a combo deal for the DBM and Choate stock (pre-inletted for DBM). I didn't see it on their website, though. And if you can find a heavy barrel Stevens 200, it should drop you below your initial price.

I don't care much for the mag system, feels like it should lock up tighter and damn that mag is long. I think one would be better off with the 10PC and some 10rnd Ratmags if they must have 10rnds.

I think I paid $700 for my PC...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barrel / Chamber: Is this another long-throated factory wonder, with a chamber and throat designed by the attorneys? </div></div>

My factory Savage 10FP .308 was very short throated to my supprise! FGGM 168s, were .008" off the lands.....