• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MK II replacement stock?

cro789

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2008
    TN
    I did a search for a stock tp replace the plastic one that comes on it but was unable to find any thing. Boyd dod offer a tactical stock but unable to find on they web site. Any suggestions

It looks like the Tacticool has been revised into the "Pro Varmint". Check out their custom stock configurator (click the hyperlink) to get your options. They have several from which to choose. Keep in mind that you may need some bottom metal and a trigger guard to get the new stock to fit the action right. Visit Diviserfied Innovative Products (DIP Inc.) for the other parts.

I bought the Boyd's tacticool from stock and bottom metal as a package from DIP for 186 shipped. I should have done that upgrade a long time ago.

I should have mentioned that I have a Tacticool stock on my FVSR and have been very pleased with it. It is so much better than the plastic stock the rifles ship with and more closely resembles traditional tactical stocks from the big names.

I have a suggestion. I have a Fred Moreo Match Target stock, in camo laminate. It's an awesome stock, but I no longer have that rifle.

Fred has been a ridiculous wait for years, but he did deliver a nice product.

Lemme know if you want to talk about it.

I run the tacticool/pro varmint from Boyd’s and really like it for the money. If you’re into arts and crafts you can get a bare inletted stock (money saver) from midway for a bit less and just finish as desired. They have a really good birthday discount FYI. You will also want to replace your bottom metal with either the DIP or make your own from 1/8” aluminum. If you want something nicer manners and mcree inlet for them as well.

Attachments

• 74C20C2A-E262-4C79-B535-F7870BED6FF6.jpeg
      74C20C2A-E262-4C79-B535-F7870BED6FF6.jpeg
      910 KB · Views: 621
    5D3BDF17-3876-439F-BAE7-8E03D0014C50.jpeg

May not be your cup of tea, but there’s also the MDT LSS22. I have both an FV-SR AND A TRR-SR. The TRR is in a Boyd’s Tacticool/Pro Varmit, and it has a big gun feel to it. The LSS-22 my tensioned barrel FV-SR is in is no lighter than the Boyd’s, but it does make the gun “feel” smaller and handier.

The Boyd's tacticool stock is a nice little stock for the money. Beats the heck outta the cheap stock the savage comes with.

Guys, I wouldn't put too much more effort into this thread.

I have my savage in one of the leopard stocks. It’s a great stock and I’m kinda sad they aren’t making them any more. I have been thinking about switching it out recently though as my daughter likes to shoot the 93 but it's just too big for her.

It has been my experience over the years that when a user posts a thread and does not reply or otherwise acknowledge the thread for the better part of a month, that the user is no longer even reading it.

If that was in error in your regard (as it seems to be), I apologize.

-Nate

It has been my experience over the years that when a user posts a thread and does not reply or otherwise acknowledge the thread for the better part of a month, that the user is no longer even reading it.

If that was in error in your regard (as it seems to be), I apologize.

-Nate
    even if OP isnt reading.....the info in the threads is still useful for other people who may be interested with the same question......or even those brave few who use the search function.

Reactions: skyrep and RWE3
    Boyd’s new At One stock is available for it. Looks cool in my opinion.

Mcrees also make a chassis for it. It’s a bit more pricey though than Boyd’s

another vote for the tacticool. just don't forget to add in the cost of the dip bottom metal and trigger guard when deciding on these.
    20170812_121111.jpg

I have a FV SR in a Boyd’s tacticool that I liked so much, I bought another. Going to put the new one in a Rigid Alloy chassis, it should ship tomorrow. Hopefully, it shoots as good as its big brother. The first one shoots less than 1/2” 5 shot group at 50yds regularly. I shot a .801” 100yd group this afternoon with it.

Ill take the savage out in a couple weeks to see if it shoots any better, i’m not sure it could. It has been a tack driver ever since i ditched the plastic stock. I put an old vortex pst scope on it and put it in an mdt chassis.

I just wish there was a better-than-factory synthetic stock in the $100-$200 range available. I just picked up an FV-SR and I'm probably going to wind up with a Pro Varmint or an AT-One.