• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage MKII-FV + Night-Force 20moa base?

Target07

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
I have a Savage MKII-FV (read heavy barrel) in .22cal. It currently has the factory 2-piece base mounted on it. I have a Night-Force 20 MOA Base laying around that I would like to put on it. Will it bolt straight up or is it going to need to be fitted by a gunsmith? Thanks in advance.

Re: Savage MKII-FV + Night-Force 20moa base?

No it will need to be fitted at minimum. What type of rifle is the NF base for? I have yet to see a NF base for a Savage rimfire...

I am new to this. I didn't realize they were caliber specific. I have a Night-Force base that is currently on one of my Rem 700's. I guess I won't be able to use it....make since. I feel like a dumbass.

egw makes a 20 MOA base for the sav 93r. I have heard that it can be fitted to the mkII with no problems but I cann't say for 100% if that is true or not.

DON'T feel stupid. You have to start learning from some were. You just dont wake up one day an expert, and also here is some more info on bases. Bases are made to fit the action. Bases are not made to fit the caliber. A 10/22 .22lr base will not fit a mkII .22lr. A 93r .17 hmr base will fit on 93r .22 mag. also remeber for centerfire that rem 700 long action base will not fit a rem 700 short action.

egw makes one for the MKII also. Its around $40.

No worries. The EGW base that cm92 mentioned seems to be a great choice for these mark II's. Lot's of folks are buying them through eBay.

midway usa has them too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cm92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DON'T feel stupid. You have to start learning from some were. You just dont wake up one day an expert, and also here is some more info on bases. Bases are made to fit the action. Bases are not made to fit the caliber. A 10/22 .22lr base will not fit a mkII .22lr. A 93r .17 hmr base will fit on 93r .22 mag. also remeber for centerfire that rem 700 long action base will not fit a rem 700 short action. </div></div>

Thanks for the encouragement and the info. All is appreciated.

i have a 20 moa EGW on my mkII and it works great just be careful take the stock bases off they strip easy