• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 10 - 6.5 Creedmoor...WOW!

southpaw68

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2011
Okay,
So I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon of the "latest and greatest" thing, but I just a bought a Savage Model 10 with heavy fluted barrel and it's the most accurate rifle I've ever fired. WOW...I'm a good shot(but not a great shot)...better than average at normal hunting ranges (inside 400 yds), . I don't get to shoot much beyond that because there is just no easy access for me to do so. This gun makes me look better than I am. I have added 2 links to pics of some of the 4 shot groups I fired with the first 50 rounds. The second link is a pic of 2 200yd groups I shot late in the day with the light getting low. I feel the rifle is capable of cutting the best group size in half. I know to most this is not all that impressive, but I'm pretty darn happy with it.

I'm looking forward to stretching it out a little in the near future. 600 yds would be the max range I have access to, but I think I'll give it a try.

100 yard groups

200 yd target

Shaunscamera007.jpg

Shaunscamera008.jpg

Re: Savage Model 10 - 6.5 Creedmoor...WOW!

I just got the same gun you got Thursday. Shoots very well. I didn't shoot for groups though was just having fun ringin steel out to 700.

Can yall post pics of gun. Im actually gonna order the same rifle most likely and would love some feed back. Thanks!

Mine's still bone stock with the brush camo on the AccuStock. I have had it less than 2 weeks, so not much to look at. It's just got a 4.5-14 X 40 Leupold VX III CDS on it. Nothing fancy in the glass department, but all I plan to do with it is hunt and punch paper at hunting distances...maybe a little further. I think what I have will work for that.

OBX...If that is a Vortex Viper PST I have that same scope I could put on it if I plan to go that direction in the future. Right now it's on my Steyr SSG 04.

Nice rig by the way.

Very sweet rig!! Looks like a freakin laser beam too!! Congrats...

DK

with my savage 260, i just tested some 140 amax, and put 5 shots in a .36 hole at 100y.. got to love them...

It could use an adjustable cheek piece for better cheek weld. The scope sits really low I can barely fit a quarter between sunshade and barrel. The bolt comes really close to the scope. Idrather have a higher set of rings and a cheekpiece so they aren't so close.

84ef42ba.jpg

8828c8a8.jpg

6a5a3821.jpg

It almost seems like Savage is the only factory gun that is striving to do better.While the rest of the factory guns are trying to live on the reputation they made years ago.And I don`t even own one yet.As for the caliber the 6.5 Creedmoor shoots amazing.It will make a bad shooter look good.I love mine enough that I told my wife and son to send it with me when I am called up.Nice shoting!

I picked up a 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor. It prints 4 shots under 1/2 MOA at 100 yards with 120 grain A-Max factory ammo. Hope you're liking yours as much as I like mine !

put mine together from a savage model 10 in .308 with an E.R. Shaw heavy barrel 1:8 twist 6.5 creedmoor with a riflr basix trigger and choate tactical stock.
shot the best 5 shot group at 100 yards i have ever shot. cant wait to shoot it out to 1000 yards.

P9084690.jpg

10-15-201165CM5shots-1.jpg