• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Model 10 BAS - K

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone out there have one yet? Savage Model 10 BAS

Have one at the local gun store and should be mine soon pending the funny mony account! Nightforce scope waiting in the safe!

Any feed back or experiances with it would be appreciated.

Terry

Re: Savage Model 10 BAS - K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone out there have one yet? Savage Model 10 BAS

Any feed back or experiances with it would be appreciated.

</div></div>

Bump. Finding info on this rifle is hard to come by. I did a google site specific search on the hide and am coming up short.

Also, hello everyone!

whats store price?

the 10FCP-K is the same rifle as far as the important stuff goes...

MSRP is almost a $1000 difference between the two models.

You'd be money ahead to look into the regular 10FCP-K, and sell the stock immediately, while purchasing a Mcree's Precision stock, provided they inlet for this new action as it has all the aesthetic features you will enjoy in the savage version, but with quality components. If the looks are of no concern to you, stick with the accu-stock..

www.mcreesprecision.net

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavscout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats store price?

the 10FCP-K is the same rifle as far as the important stuff goes...

MSRP is almost a $1000 difference between the two models.

You'd be money ahead to look into the regular 10FCP-K, and sell the stock immediately, while purchasing a Mcree's Precision stock, provided they inlet for this new action as it has all the aesthetic features you will enjoy in the savage version, but with quality components. If the looks are of no concern to you, stick with the accu-stock..

www.mcreesprecision.net

</div></div>

At my local store, they are $1469 and $1588. Online, slightly less.

The FCP-K is running around $750-770...

ok, even at that, you are still money/performance/resale value ahead to buy a Mcrees stock and sell the accu-stock new as a take off.

What kind of pricing does the McCrees stock go for?

one of the gun mags reviewed it. they were very immpressed with it. but ive never seen or held one or know of anyone that has. i kinda liked the look, then kinda didnt.

one thing, cav mentions the 10FCP-K as a base to buy and swap over to the McRee stock, you might save a little more and get the 10FP base model. the -K i believe denotes the accustock, the -C- is a detachable mag. if you are going to sell or swap out the stock, dont spend the extra money on the accustock. then the only difference i think is the supressor. you should save enough to buy bottom metal from CDI. i dont know how easy it would be to sell the accustock as im not sure if a person can easily put a non accustock action in the accustock. but i dont know that for sure, just a thought

Mcree stock doesnt require bottom metal from factory, accepts AI mags.

The brake and barrel are different on the FCPK, but yes, to go the basic 10FP route would save additional money, unless you wanted to get a brake(which is very effective by the way) or liked the fluting.

Additional way to have an even better rifle would be buy just the action and a barrel from sharp shooter supply, mcree stock, and have the barreled action duracoated.. or just send the entire thing to ARPredatorhunter on the hide for a kick ass custom paint job.

I bought one back in April or May of this year. It is a very well thought out rifle w/lots upgrades already included. I offered mine completely set up including scope and bi-pod for a very fair price to <span style="font-weight: bold">Averynickt</span> when he posted that he was looking for one in the WTB Forum.

I only have 120 rounds through mine and it has been a tack driver so far(easily .5 MOA w/TAP 168's). The only reason I even considered selling it when I saw his post was because I have purchased two POF Rifles in the past couple of months and I just like the AR platform better. I figured if I sold it, I'd buy some more AR toys, if not not big deal.

I am no stranger to Savage rifles, having owned several over the past few years (still have 3). I truly feel they offer the most "bang for your buck" straight off the shelf. I'm sure I'll be the proud owner of more in the years to come as well.

Very Respectfully,
Matt

Opinions...?

I have three centerfire Savages. Bought my son a Savage rimfire when he old enough. I like Savages. but...

I think this BAS is short for Bastard Ass Stock. Reminds me of the retarded looking Mossberg with a 50 caliber muzzle break. There must be a compartment for throwing stars in that abortion looking stock. I'm think this is what happens when the Marketing Department hires the boss's kid as an intern.

Just my opinion.

hence, save money and get a better stock from Mcree for the same features and none of the BS. I like Savage a lot, but I seriously do think they went in the wrong direction with the BAS-K