• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage new repeater target action questions

chaser_2332

Team copper creek
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2009
Campbellsville ky
Been checking out this new action that comes on the 12lrp to build off of and have some questions, does this new target action accept regular savage footprint stocks, will it feed from CDI or similar bottom metal, and also does the target accutrigger suffer from the downfalls of the regular?

Re: Savage new repeater target action questions

It has the same 4.4" action screw spacing(Centerfeed short action) footprint so yes it will fit in those stocks, Not the staggered feed stocks(4.27"). It will feed from the Centerfeed CDI bottom metal. Downfalls of the non accutrigger or downfalls of the regular accutrigger?

I was asking about if the red target trigger has the same tendency to lock up when racking hard and adjusted low?

I have this action. It will lock up. Although, the only time I got it to lock up is when I was really trying. Other than that, regular trips to the range it has never locked up on me. When it did, I really had to work the bolt hard.

You will really like the target trigger though. I have mine set now at 8oz.

The only time I got my accutrigger to lock up is when I tried and screwed with the trigger without pulling the safety in

That's kind of what I was scared of, don't want it locking in comps. Quick trigger change will remedy that. How do you like it so far furtaker? Do you have a stock lrp or did u build off that action?

I replace all accu-triggers with rifle basix for that very reason. Everyone that has ever tried a rifle basix that is adjusted right loves them.

Good luck,
Merritt

Does the red target Accutrigger trigger take the same drop in replacements as the regular accutrigger?