• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Nut On an Impact Precision Action

Think the Impact takes a Remington thread, so the Savage will not fit.

I agree with the above.

Get a quality shouldered barrel from your gunsmith of choice.

There's no reason to handicap yourself with a barrel nut.

Reactions: NewsShooter
Bighorn/ Zermatt actions have savage thread pitch.

I think the OP has Savage 20 tpi threaded barrels so a remage nut isnt going to solve the problem. A Zermatt/Bighorn would be a better action for OP's needs.
I think they said on post #2 that Imapact has a 16 TPI thread like a Remington. If it's a 1-1/16" x 16 TPI (Remington 700 pattern) PVA's Remage will work. Zermatt's 12 point or Invisinut should work too. Although the tool for the Invisinut makes is expensive.

Last edited:
OP
I think they said on post #2 that Imapact has a 16 TPI thread like a Remington. If it's a 1-1/16" x 16 TPI (Remington 700 pattern) PVA's Remage will work. Zermatt's 12 point or Invisinut should work too. Although the tool for the Invisinut makes is expensive.
OP has a small shank savage barrel. That should be a 20 TPI thread. But yes I agree the impact has a 1-1/16” X 16 TPI thread. Zermatt / Bighorn use the same Small shank savage 20 TPI thread.