• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage TRR, finally put together

FSRbikr98

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2010
Long Island, NY
I bought this gun about a year ago, with the intention of using it as a training rifle.

I never took it out of the box until a couple weeks ago.

My girlfriend has really enjoyed shooting with me so I built this for her.

savage TRR
IOR 3.5x18 FFP Mil Mil 50mm obj.
DIP 25 moa scope base
Harris bipod

Haven't been able to shoot it yet as its been way to cold, but I think it will do well.

Since this will be her rifle, I picked up a CZ 455 Precision Trainer so we can both shoot .22 when we go to PA and local ranges.
That will have a vortex pst 4x12 FFP 50mm mil/mil on top as well as a DIP base and hopefully a lilja barrel.

I have def been bitten by the rimfire bug!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 9
The savages can be some pretty decent shooters out of the box. I had 3 in the past and worked on a couple of others (pillar and glass bedding them, and clipping some coils off to lighten triggers ect). Check the crown and make sure it looks concentric and clean. Seen a couple with poor crowns from the factory. With the trainer are you going to cerakote the barrel or leave it be?

The savages can be some pretty decent shooters out of the box. I had 3 in the past and worked on a couple of others (pillar and glass bedding them, and clipping some coils off to lighten triggers ect). Check the crown and make sure it looks concentric and clean. Seen a couple with poor crowns from the factory. With the trainer are you going to cerakote the barrel or leave it be?

Honestly not sure. I like the stainless look, but want to make it mine so I may send it for coating if it starts to tarnish.