• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBR can cover

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
So I just did a local tactical games skirmish, and I burned my tricep during a battle. I had my rifle slung muzzle up on my back and had to climb over obstacles with a 50lbs bag. Thankfully I only had 10rds of rapid fire through the suppressor on a 11.5” 5.56 but it still swelled a little and stung for an hour.

I had to go muzzle down the rest of the match but then had to be careful not to let my suppressor end eat dirt.

I don’t want a bulky/heavy cover. Thinking burn proof gear cover. Any other suggestions? The can is a griffin recce 5.

Might try a Cole tac HTP cover, but just run it with the silicone wrap, without the cloth wrap(?). Never tried it that way, but it might work from a "don't burn myself" protection....

Armageddon Gear Hi-Temp is my go to. Been very happy with them. I have 3 and all are robust and keep down the glare and heat on an sbr

@Precision Underground love mine and they will make you anything you want. I own 4 or 5 and I only use that one for the past 6 months.
Thank you sir! We really tried to design something better than what is out there and only use top quality materials. It is rewarding to hear that you grab ours over others!

I have 3 Coletacs htp covers and they will all slip forward after a little bit and I will need to loosen them slide them back down and retighten.

I cannot for the life of my cinch them down tight enough tp get them to stay. I have to double check them before I start each stage at match...

I'm in the market for a different wrap that will stay in place

I have 3 Coletacs htp covers and they will all slip forward after a little bit and I will need to loosen them slide them back down and retighten.

I cannot for the life of my cinch them down tight enough tp get them to stay. I have to double check them before I start each stage at match...

I'm in the market for a different wrap that will stay in place

My precision underground has never moved. Their design doesn't allow it to slip forward

Slight derail.... @Precision Underground do y’all have any coupon codes for suppressor covers? Looking to order one today or tomorrow.
Man I hate saying it because I’ll almost always throw out a discount but we usually don’t offer codes on the covers. The margins are just too thin. You see the price and think damn that’s expensive, but if you could see the cost of the inner sleeving, the kevlar, the carbon fiber felt, and the amount of labor it takes to assemble one you would understand. The laced covers are set up as a sleeve that just slide over the can and then you cinch the cord behind the can. It literally takes 5 seconds to put it on. The downside is that to make that takes a lot more labor than just sewing a flat pad to be wrapped around a suppressor by the end user.

Man I hate saying it because I’ll almost always throw out a discount but we usually don’t offer codes on the covers. The margins are just too thin. You see the price and think damn that’s expensive, but if you could see the cost of the inner sleeving, the kevlar, the carbon fiber felt, and the amount of labor it takes to assemble one you would understand. The laced covers are set up as a sleeve that just slide over the can and then you cinch the cord behind the can. It literally takes 5 seconds to put it on. The downside is that to make that takes a lot more labor than just sewing a flat pad to be wrapped around a suppressor by the end user.

I totally understand.. you are in business to make money and not give product away.. still doesn’t change the fact I’m going to try yours out.👍

What kind of round count are getting on your long strings of fire? Most can covers aren’t designed for semi auto use. They can still melt. They are good for a bolt gun setup for helping with mirage, but you start using them while doing mag dumps and it will melt to the damn can.

What kind of round count are getting on your long strings of fire? Most can covers aren’t designed for semi auto use. They can still melt. They are good for a bolt gun setup for helping with mirage, but you start using them while doing mag dumps and it will melt to the damn can.
Yea you don’t want a nylon cover for extended mag dumps. Ours is fine for 1 or 2 30 round dumps but the can should be cooled after that. Most people aren’t going to push their rifles and suppressors harder than that but some do. The only one we’ve had melt was after more than 100 rapid fire rounds so we recommend cooling after 60 rapid fire rounds. I’d be willing to bet ours will stand up longer than any other nylon cover but no nylon cover is indestructible. The inner insulation is shielding the nylon from heat and there will be a failure point for all of them.

Reactions: dbltap45acp
I did a skirmish with my 11.5” with Sandman-s and had no issues with getting burned. I use the silicone Bowers covers on mine.

Reactions: SBRSarge
Thread bump and initial impression for the OP or anyone else who sees this. Got my Precision Underground suppressor cover in today... just by handling it and slipping it on my TBAC ultra 7 it is definitely high quality and I am much more impressed with it than i was my TAB cover. Time will tell and im interested to see how it does when i start shooting with it..... like i said, initial impression is 👍👍

Reactions: iodine