• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SBR recommendations for AAC SPR/M4

Tamu98

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2008
DFW, TX
I was looking for SBR that would be compatible with the AAC SPR/M4 that I am waiting for pending approval. I want to buy a quality, factory made SBR that I can use with multiple SBR uppers (next project would be a short 300 blk out upper for my SDN-6). The mount needs 2.5" of free barrel space because the suppressor and mount index back over the barrel. I was goint to pick up a LWRC M6A3 with a 12.7" barrel, but was told by LWRC that it has a mid-length gas system and would not have the needed barrel length.

Larue makes a 12" barrel SBR that doesn't have enough real estate and when I contacted them, they said they wouldn't make me one with a slightly longer barrel to accommodate the mount.

I'm now looking at a Noveske Crusader with a 12.5" barrel, but I'm waiting to hear back from them to make sure the barrel has the needed 2.5 inches of free space before the gas block.

Open to any suggestions and would love to here back from anyone with a SPR/M4 on a SBR. Thanks in advance.

Re: SBR recommendations for AAC SPR/M4

14.5" is where it would be happiest. The SPR is more of a precision can, hence its indexing capabilities. I used to have mine on a MK12 build but took it off and put it on a bolt gun project. The can is INSANELY quiet and accurate on the bolt gun.

I would have went M4-2000 for a SBR.....

I was originally going to buy a LWRC M6A3 DMR to put the can on, but then I got the SBR bug. I figure with a 12.5 inch barrel (vs 10.5 with a M4-2000), I'll get a little more velocity, less blowback, and it will be quieter (due to the SPR's expansion chamber and increased barrel length). Good payoff at the cost of about 1.8 extra inches and an extra ounce or two.

More than likely, I'll pick up a 10.5" upper here on the Hide at some point and throw a Saker on it.

By the way KYS338, you have some of the best "toys" for sale here on the Hide. If you are ever in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area how 'bout we drink some bourbon and I'll try to talk you into selling me some of your rifles on the cheap.

Haha, thanks. Ill drink some bourbon with you. But I dont really have anymore rifles Im willing to part with! Im selling off my spare optics now
wink.gif

You can ask Noveske to build you an upper that would complete the role you want. A shorter rail system and switchblock is an awesome combo. I have a few in different calibers and lengths I shoot all suppressed. If you are ever this way, come check them out.