• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SBR Rifle Optic

I put a vortex 2.5-12x44 HS in a Larue mount on my suppressed 12.5 sbr. It's for hog hunting and riding around the farm. Seems to work well. Not trying to bust down any doors and it's nice having a little extra zoom.

Any suggestions on a small lightweight optic for a SBR 10.5" 5.56 & 8" 300 BLK? I've got some ideas, but want to see what others have done.

Thanks!
For sub 10 inch gun, its really hard to beat aimpoint micro. I think the trijicon TA33 works really well. While I like LPVO's they tend to be fairly heavy for a 10.5 and below.

Aimpoint micro on a Unity Fast mount is real nice on short rifles/pistols. Mount has built in back up irons, these have obvious limitations over actual irons but for the distances I’ll be using this it will be ok.

I’d like to try a Steiner P4xi or Trijicon TR24 as well.

Last edited:
KAC 9.5” SR30 Mod2 E3

Primary Weapons Mk109 9.75” .300 BO

KAC 9.5" SR30 Mod2 E3 300.jpg
IMG_4592a copy.jpg
IMG_7592 Annotated 1 copy 2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
I put a Vortex Spitfire 3x Scope with dedicated 556 reticle on my DD MK18 pistol. I like having the built-in magnification and when desired, I can just turn up the illumination a tad and run it like a standard red dot. It has a really cool no-blur reticle for in close to medium ranges.
Vortex Spitfire reticle.jpg

For what it’s worth I just went through this decision making process and landed on the Holosun Aems. Based on my uses it seemed to be the best option. Money was of no concern to me so did not factor in my decision process. I own/owned both ainpojnt and eotech products. I like the reticle of the Aems and eotech on a SBR. I like the battery life of the aim point and the reliability. The Aems seems to offer aimpoint reliability and covered emitters and battery with a eotech style reticle. Also has some other features like auto shake awake, solar panel, lens covers that are nice to have.

It also performs better than aimpoint under nods if you plan to use them.