• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SBR stamp no longer needed..........

Good news for sure. until the next person in charge of the ATF wants to change this, even though I don't believe that the way that a firearm is held can change the classification of said firearm. I like to diversify, Title 2 firearms were largely unaffected by the original AWB in 1994, and I believe were not included in the ridiculous 2015 AWB bill. I do want one or two of those Maxim Defense CQB braces though, they look pretty sweet.

Scott

im wanting to make a SBR and was looking at them online but havent seen one in person. it looks like a normal stock with a strap?

The stabilizing braces are more like a flexible, non telescoping stock thats split so an arm can pass thru and velcro to strap it. I'm sure very few actually use them in this manner. Check some youtube vids.

Scott

This is also a. Brace. Maxim telescopes too
pretty kick a--

Attachments

• photo55447.jpg
    photo55447.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 37
do they have to have a pistol length gas system and buffer tube to count as a pistol or just the brace?

do they have to have a pistol length gas system and buffer tube to count as a pistol or just the brace?

That Maxim Defense brace threads right on to the lower receiver and acts as it's own buffer tube. You can buffer them to work with about any length gas system... pistol, carbine, rifle, though I doubt many would stick that on a 18" bbl rifle length system
This is what I want to put on my 8.5" 9mm AR pistol/SBR
Scott

I guess my question was misleading. I was asking if you had a carbine length gas system with a pistol brace is it considered a pistol or a rifle? Basically, what makes it an SBR as opposed to a pistol, legally.

I guess my question was misleading. I was asking if you had a carbine length gas system with a pistol brace is it considered a pistol or a rifle? Basically, what makes it an SBR as opposed to a pistol, legally.

a shoulder stock.

a rifle, or SBR, is "designed to be shot from the shoulder".

you can have a pistol with a 30" barrel......and so long as it is not designed to be shouldered....it is legally considered a "pistol"

so you can have a carbine length barrel on an AR15.....and so long as it has a Sig-brace, it is legally considered a pistol.

Most of y'all know this, but just a caution for those who may not be fully up on these matters (IANAL, research this stuff yourself and/or via a real lawyer)-- more or less: to be legal it must have been originally transferred as a pistol or as a "receiver". If you purchased your AR as a rifle, you can't just swap on a short upper and a brace and be legal.

Most of y'all know this, but just a caution for those who may not be fully up on these matters (IANAL, research this stuff yourself and/or via a real lawyer)-- more or less: to be legal it must have been originally transferred as a pistol or as a "receiver". If you purchased your AR as a rifle, you can't just swap on a short upper and a brace and be legal.

^^^. This is an important tidbit... and vertical grips on the pistol hand guard are NOT legal. You need a $5 AOW stamp for that lol
Angled front grips are legal

Scott

Very true, legally once a rifle always a rifle, you are not legally permitted to convert a rifle to a pistol, you can convert a pistol,to a rifle, but them you cant go back. Once its had a stock on it its a rifle unless you get a tax stamp. When i build an ar pistol i personally buy my ar lowers and have them listed as a pistol on the form 4473. Technically as long as its never had a stock you are good.