• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SC unanimously strikes down civil asset forfeiture practices

RedRyder

Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
"Its unanimous decision for the first time prohibits all 50 states from imposing excessive fines, including the seizure of property, on people accused or convicted of a crime. "

Asset forfeiture

I can see something like this going both ways. Still, I'd have to say that since it was a unanimous decision by the Supremes, it's a good thing.

This is a great thing. There have been so many cases in the state of Nebraska where someone is pulled over for “following too close,” which is the State Patrol’s SOP for wanting to nab someone, just because they have out of state plates.

I know this because it’s happened to me after we first moved here. (Except they didn’t seize my enormous, ok, my ten dollars in cash)

The SP will then approach the vehicle, say they smelled pot or saw something that warranted a search of the vehicle.

Some times they find something, like a giant bundle of cash. SP wants that money in the worst way, so, they claim it’s drug money and seize it. Even though they have absolutely zero proof of anything other than “nobody carries around that much cash unless they’re a drug dealer.

Victim then has to go to court for an extended period of time, costing them yet even more money to try and prove that the money is legal.

It’s a complete fucking scam. The State Patrol knows it, the people know it, and the overreaching commie ass fucks in the legislature know it.

There used to be a pretty good size median under a bridge on my way home from work. The SP was notorious for sitting there just waiting to pull people over. Chances are, if they weren’t waiting under the bridge for their next victim, it was because they had a vehicle with out of state plates pulled over a mile in either direction.

This is a great thing. There have been so many cases in the state of Nebraska where someone is pulled over for “following too close,” which is the State Patrol’s SOP for wanting to nab someone, just because they have out of state plates.

I know this because it’s happened to me after we first moved here. (Except they didn’t seize my enormous, ok, my ten dollars in cash)

The SP will then approach the vehicle, say they smelled pot or saw something that warranted a search of the vehicle.

Some times they find something, like a giant bundle of cash. SP wants that money in the worst way, so, they claim it’s drug money and seize it. Even though they have absolutely zero proof of anything other than “nobody carries around that much cash unless they’re a drug dealer.

Victim then has to go to court for an extended period of time, costing them yet even more money to try and prove that the money is legal.

It’s a complete fucking scam. The State Patrol knows it, the people know it, and the overreaching commie ass fucks in the legislature know it.

There used to be a pretty good size median under a bridge on my way home from work. The SP was notorious for sitting there just waiting to pull people over. Chances are, if they weren’t waiting under the bridge for their next victim, it was because they had a vehicle with out of state plates pulled over a mile in either direction.
"If you aren't a criminal you have nothing to worry about"

Wonder what any of the FFs would do if some stopped them and tried to steal those cash.

It's a nasty fucking "business".

When I worked Narcotics it was common practice for drug dealers to "voluntarily" surrender assets in lieu of prosecution, with said assets to be split between the DA's office and the PD.

I asked what was the difference between me taking money from a criminal on the side of the road to let him go and what they were doing and the "best" answer I got was that it was "legal" for the Dept to do it. At one point my Capt was driving a $90k Escalade that was "surrendered".

I was very unpopular with the bosses for routinely forgetting to file asset seizure paperwork in the required time frame

Last edited:
SC is starting to sound really good to me with this and the second amendment preservation act and NRA stand your ground. Everyone I talked to that lived there loved it.

Reactions: Bender

Yet there are all kinds of people even on this site that try to claim the police are so good & all and there is only the rare bad apple... well sorry you know about this kind of BS going on and stay in an organization doing such things, you are a willing participant and just as guilty... Not my idea, it's actually the same law they use against others.... I bet they don't like it used on them.

Policing for profit is something I care deeply about, it has destroyed the foundation of this country and the trust in those who once were "public servants". But all the "good" cops seem to look the other way and claim "just following orders".

I'm so sick and fed up with the stupid complicit communist courts always letting the police get away with everything and saying well.... they said they smelt something.... so it must be true...

Some of the things that went down in this country recently, including in Texas, whole towns devoted to pretty much being highway robbers... and the courts did nothing except finally say.... please don't do it again.... no penalties for those doing it, no restitution for those robbed of their property at gunpoint on the side of the road.... dirty cops get to keep all their ill gotten gains as does the corrupt towns & cities....

The government should not be allowed to touch anything unless they can first get an actual real criminal conviction and prove that it is ill gotten gains. Just like the rotten FBI shouldn't be allowed to charge anyone with "lying" to them unless they FIRST get a conviction that the person actually did the crime and then they could go after them for lying to them about it. But that would really put a crimp in the lying FBI agents style.

That whole BS the vile courts let stand about ... "Well we say the inanimate objects are the criminal party and since it's not the person it has no rights" is something straight out of the book of the devil.

It's why pretty much I dislike any "State Patrol" or "Highway Patrol", because in my experience it is pretty much usually just a group dedicated to policing for profit and actually often making the roads more dangerous trying to find ways to get more revenue.

Sometimes yes they might actually be doing good and helping someone, but the ratio is low in my experience.
In a quarter of a century of driving, I properly curse them in the name of my God as I drive by when I see them doing what I think is greed & harassment for profit and properly bless them in the name of my God when I see them helping someone or doing what I think is good.
The ratio is well very lop sided towards the curses. Your mileage may vary.

Fuck the NRA and the FUDDS they ride in on.
I was moreless saying stand your ground self defense in any lawful public place is a good thing, people tend to mind their manners better.