• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s SC woman buys wooden iPad in parking lot

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
What the hell??? People are stupid enough to fall for this??? I don't won't to find the 2 guys she bought it from, I want to find her. I've got some shit I need to sell!
Spartanburg County deputies are looking for two men who sold a piece of wood painted to look like an iPad to a woman in a McDonald's parking lot.
Ashley McDowell, 22, told deputies she was buying food around 10:00 p.m. Monday when two men approached her in the parking lot trying to sell her an iPad or a laptop. According to a police report, the men showed McDowell a new iPad and told her they had bought several in bulk.
McDowell said she gave the men $180, and the men gave her a FedEx box out of the trunk of their car. When McDowell opened the box at home, she said she found a piece of wood painted black with an Apple logo.
McDowell told deputies one of the suspects had a gold tooth and was driving a white Chevy Impala with no rims and no tint.
15361411_BG1.jpg

Re: SC woman buys wooden iPad in parking lot

I wouldn't think they'd get too far driving a Chevy Impala with no rims on it. Shouldn't be too hard to track them down.

I can't believe that in this day and age people are still buying stuff from people out their car trunks in an alley. Its a modern twist on the homeless looking guy in the trench coat selling Rolex's. Why would a couple of thugs with gold teeth be buying iPads in bulk?

Ive got a nice bridge Ill let her have at a real bargain.

that is odd, an impala with no rims.
Shows how bright she is.................

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! holy hell. must be an alien made impala. so no tint, (no color) means it was invisible right?

you guys havent seen the impala hovercraft then?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
McDowell told deputies one of the suspects had a gold tooth and was driving a white Chevy Impala with no rims and no tint. </div></div>

Well, that's pretty much straight out of the Apple Store SOP manual right there.

I see these types of assholes all the time. Usually at the mall, or chain store parking lots. Selling all kinds of fake shit out of the back of a van. They always have "extra" that their "boss" wants them to sell cheap.

McDowell told deputies one of the suspects had a <span style="font-weight: bold">gold tooth</span> and was driving a white Chevy Impala with no rims and no tint.

I would not buy anything from anyone with a gold tooth, much less if he were driving a white Chevy Impala.

EDIT: Oops! There was a guy in White County, TN, with a gold tooth that made BBQ. The sandwiches were excellent and I made an exception in his case.

I dont get how people still fall for this kinda thing . a wooden ipad touch for real . This chick had to be Blonde.

I love women this dumb. They usually also fall for the "I'll only put it in a little bit" line too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Situation Normal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love women this dumb. They usually also fall for the "I'll only put it in a little bit" line too. </div></div>

ROFLMAO that right there made my day