• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Feedback Scam Alert! TitaniumBlue and Patriots1884

Schmo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2022
Arkansas
I believe the real user of Patriots1884 was hacked and then account switched to TitaniumBlue. I was involved in pm’s with Patriots1884. Mid communication, our entire pm thread was deleted. I was then contacted by TitaniumBlue asking for payment. In messaging with TitaniumBlue, wording was different. Look out! Would love to talk to an admin about this

Good to know. What’s weird is that I was originally dealing with Patriots1884. His entire account was entirely deleted and wiped from SH. His account had been around since 2017. TitaniumBlue has been around since 2010. Makes me think legit users were hacked.

I suspected a hacking of the accounts since both accounts have been in existence for years, and a good amount of messages. Activity outside of the classifieds ie gear threads, equipment troubleshooting threads etc. Maybe I’m wrong. Most scammers just don’t build a profile over 7-14 years and interact intelligently in non-lucrative threads.

Reactions: atefft22 and Cody S
The thing with hacked account they change the password and email

Neither was changed I have a change log so they are either getting in and not changing the email or making it close ?

But there was nothing in either in terms of change log entries to say it was hacked

But also the owners aren’t complaining either

We spammed the one Patriot account and since he was active you would think I would hear about it.

Frank this might be a serious PITA, but just a thought. Is there a way to FORCE two-factor for every account? Like make the system log out everyone not already using it and make it so they HAVE to set it up to use the site going forward? I understand that a few scammers would already be in the system here, that is what it is. But for everyone else, it would effectively stop any additional accounts from being hacked, would it not?

Mine makes me log in using an authenticator app every 30 days. That sucks, but I’m 99.999999% sure my account will never be hacked. Might be some work up front, but I bet it would cut hacked accounts WAAAAY back or even eliminate them. Just spitballin’ here.

Can confirm on Titaniumblue. No feedback whatsoever, different pictures of items throughout the conversation, and refused to take payment from me via G&S. Sent me two different emails to pay through, one was a female, the other was in euros.

I believe so, I think we can log everyone out, not sure about changing it to Two Factor but I think we can log all out

I’m not sure it’s worth the backlash of all the bitching you’ll hear if it only logs people out without requiring the two-factor setup upon login lol. But it could be something to discuss with your website people when you have a chance, in case it can be done. I’d bet a nice green AIAT folder in 6.5CM w/ SFP and a thumbhole kit you’d get a lot fewer hacked account complaints if it could be done, though! ;)

The reality is, we have to report anyone who contacts you via PM for any unsolicited reason, and even if you are in a transaction, the instant a 3rd party drops into your messages, another report

We can't see your PMs, so screenshots and User Names, also, any emails that get dropped in so we can check

More information is better than less, I would rather you write me a book with useful information vs opine and never give me a name

Questions I have here since I was almost a victim today. Initially in contact with Patriots1884, and then TitaniumBlue. I thought something may be up with Patriots, so I asked him to take another picture of the scope with his username and date written on a piece of paper. He did it. When conversation picked up with TitaniumBlue (his dumb reason for changing accounts was that a moderator called him and asked him to change usernames, and I didn’t believe it), I asked him to take another picture of the scope with the Titanium username. He did that too! And the picture was taken on the same table, but at a different angle than the first, so it really appeared to be another piece of paper. So did he actually have the scope I was wanting, or does he have some kind of whiz bang AI program that can create that? Also, why did my PM’s with Patriots1884 get deleted out of my account? Titanium was banned by staff, but I can still read the messages we exchanged. Patriots pms with me are completely gone. Like they never even happened. How did that happen??? I got an error message in my app that I’ve never seen before. Closed the app, reopened, and all pms with Patriots were gone. Not a trace. Can someone explain this?

I would bet they can AI the brand or pull an image and make it look real.

Just a reminder there are no deals, not saying it was cheap, don’t know the price but there are no deals.

I think they are using AI