• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scammer Booted Out - This is What Mods Do in Their Free Time

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
A very alert and savvy member just reported a scammer from the PX sections.

cronos0000 is a scammer, and if you've sent money, your money is gone.
This is not the first one we've seen from Lagos. So it won't likely be the last.

They had spent months here posting and building credibility and confidence before listing a bunch of high end stuff for sale at great prices.
They have been permanently banned, but you can bet they will be back under a different cover.

I am posting this here for two reasons.

1. To alert all members that the scammers are getting better at these games. You HAVE to do your due diligence in checking them out. A membership here means they have a computer, internet, and a brain. That's it. The rest is up to you to verify. There are ways to do this and they are covered in stickies in the PX sections. Trust no one!

2. And this is selfish and personal.
Mods who are dealing bickering children and their inabilities to either get along or to ignore the other children typically have less time to deal with important issues like this.
No one is paid and praise comes sparsely.
We do the job out of respect for the man who asked us to do it and because we believe in the site and its purposes.
We all have lives and we all are plenty busy outside of this place, so time spent here is absolutely limited.
Please take that into consideration the next time you can't seem to see eye to eye with another member, a person you don't know and will likely never in your life meet, and equally likely, never change their views or their ways about anything.
Yes, the ignore feature here is FUBAR. So what? See a post by someone you've already written off as an asshole, keep scrolling.
After all, it's a nest of assholes.

Last edited:
Damn!! I hope they didn't screw too many. Hate that crap. Wise words all the way around Mr Tucker.

See anyone familiar? ;)

And BTW, Thx to all you guys for what ya do and put up with. Seriously.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/lebowskifest.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/10\/482007_10151515869359444_2128483099_n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

He posted a Micheal Jackson video in the music thread. That should have been enough.

Wholly shit. Appears they hit a number of folks. One guy even said something like "Only $1,500?" If he/they back out I'll take it. Looks to good to be true? It is. Son's a Bitches.:mad:

IIRC, a potential scammer I reported a good while ago was from Lagos as well. I guess they're the new Nigerians.

To think that our little nest of assholes has hit the big time of international scammers, I feel so special.

IIRC, a potential scammer I reported a good while ago was from Lagos as well. I guess they're the new Nigerians.

To think that our little nest of assholes has hit the big time of international scammers, I feel so special.

Yep. I recalled handling one from there before but didn't remember who had turned it in. Likely the same outfit.

Tucker,

Despite our occasional disagreements, thanks for your work here.

Having acquired most all of what I want I havent used the PX for a while. Back before the move to Scout, I did many transactions here and had nothing but good interactions. The worst was when the guy got the flu and didnt get back to me for 10 days, but then made it up by giving a bit back on my purchase. But then, we were more a community of dedicated shooters. After the move, I saw a lot of new people come in, and I feel thats where much of the problem began.

Be wise, guys, check it out before you send money. If a seller cant give you references here consider well sending money.

My $00.02

Just looked at a few of this guys posts, he was good and left very few "tells". The English was pretty good, but certainly little anomalies that show he was using some type of translation software or had learned academic English versus used American English. The post in the theater thread where he said he saw Kong at "the Cinema"... Not something used in America, but also not something one would pick up on unless really scrutinizing. The thread about the good burgers in Arkansas along with welcoming someone in a New Member thread that's from Arkansas, that's actually a pretty good way of establishing minor credibility here.

Anymore though, fuck PayPal or any other means of electronic money transfer, I'm 100% USPS MO to an American address these days. Lifted pictures are bad, and many times won't get picked up through Google's image search as showing on another post. It's a VERY good idea to require a seller send a picture with a specific identifier in it for proof of possession, and also to post pictures with a 3x5 card with your user name in it to thwart scammers from stealing your pics too. Most are too lazy to bother editing anything extra out of them and will move on to easier pickings.

At least nobody here was hit as hard as this guy, interesting article: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nnqdm7/i-am-an-idiot-0000167-v20n12

Wow, from what I remember, that guy seemed pretty legit. Now I've got to go look at those posts and see if I'm remembering correctly...

Good job, Tucker and whomever the "savvy member" is.

Man that sucks. There are a couple of forums I'm on regularly and have been for years. This is one and the ESEE jungle forums is another. Had a few scammers there too.
Now I'm not sure if I would agree with the prior comment of f'ng PayPal. Now I do believe they have an issue with firearms. But my understanding is if you run it as goods and services and pay the fee there are some protections built in. I'm not positive maybe someone with more knowledge could elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do the needful.

Send me kindly your monies.

Would you like that in USD's or Nigerian Naira's @ 1 NGN = 0.00273185 USD? I can have my boy bring it over in a wheelbarrow...or two.

Thanks to whom ever hopefully saved my ass. I sent this jack ass money. But thanks to you guys I was able to redirect the letter back to me. I will go into the post office with my money order stubs tomorrow and cancel them too. If the asshat would not of wanted tracking on the package I would not of been able to re direct it. Hopefully all works out for me. Thanks Guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously , who can be fucked going to all that trouble ? Just get a fuckin job
you shit cunt . Part of it must be some psycho need to feel control and power
over other people , as well as the $ . Good job to the spotter , and thankyou
Tucker for being zookeeper .

Owned.

I hate a thief.

Fuck you, Gregory David.

Keep in mind that the address may not be relevant to the scam at all. He was likely angling to get a wire transfer and using the address as a confidence builder.

He posted a Micheal Jackson video in the music thread. That should have been enough.

He was also whining about bear hunting and claimed he was cleaning game with a double edged Benchmade. I agree, something didn't smell right

Hmmmmm didn't we just have a member change up his AO to AR? :p

Whateva

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J5c_a03t-Ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Teams," plural. Good on you!

I've been explaining to my gf that SEC football allegiances, especially in AL, are more complex (and dangerous) than Middle Eastern politics. I "shushed" her for the first time in our relationship the other day when she asked me in public who Bear Bryant was. She's catching on to how serious that shit is here. I was amazed when I moved up there that the Midwest cares nothing about college football.

Bogey - Yep, we have an Associate in our practice who is from Chicago. She loves football...but to her that only means Bears. She has no clue about college football. I laughed when you said your gf asked in public who Bear Bryant was!

Tucker - that's ONE. Saban has been at UA for nine years, taken them to the big dance five of those years, and won four of them (including one against Clemson the year before that one you showed). I am not a UA fan, as I graduated from the cross-state rival Auburn, but that's impressive. We won it in 2010, and then led the entire game only to lose it in the final seconds of the game in 2014. Thus, between the two SEC schools in Alabama, one or the other of the have been in the Championship game seven out of the last nine years, and they have won five of those between them.

That said, Dabo is making big waves up there, and I'm interested to see where he will take it.

Bogey - Yep, we have an Associate in our practice who is from Chicago. She loves football...but to her that only means Bears. She has no clue about college football. I laughed when you said your gf asked in public who Bear Bryant was!

Tucker - that's ONE. Saban has been at UA for nine years, taken them to the big dance five of those years, and won four of them (including one against Clemson the year before that one you showed). I am not a UA fan, as I graduated from the cross-state rival Auburn, but that's impressive. We won it in 2010, and then led the entire game only to lose it in the final seconds of the game in 2014. Thus, between the two SEC schools in Alabama, one or the other of the have been in the Championship game seven out of the last nine years, and they have won five of those between them.

That said, Dabo is making big waves up there, and I'm interested to see where he will take it.

I'm excited to be home, where I can get SEC and Saints games again. However, I maintain my neutrality on the in-state rivalry and outwardly support LSU, which I never would have done when I was in Louisiana, having gone to a rival school. Being an LSU "fan" in Alabama is like being the Mexican in a White/Black race war: no one likes me, but the major factions are too busy hating each other to worry much about me.

While Im a Cavalier (UVA) fan and alum (Bwahahahahahah you mean those guys play football?), What has been done at Alabama is truly impressive. The only other record in sports that surpasses it is N Y Yankees base ball. 27 Championships and 40 appearances out of roughly 115.

Saban rules, go WaHoos.

And with the Alabama juggernaut rolling (no pun intended) along, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that baring trouble within the program, that the NCAA does "something" over the next few years to equalize the program (think NASCAR). I beleive I heard the other day that the Tide currently snatches up roughly 40% of the nations top recruits each year. If that's true, that's going to be tough sledding for any program to realistically challenge them for the national championship year in, year out.

^^^ I have no idea if they're going to change recruiting rules, and I haven't heard anything about it. But, there's no denying that Saban has recruiting sewn-up. He's had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year for a long time now. Back when Bear was there, recruiting rules were much more lenient. He was famous for snapping up all the best recruits and sitting them on the bench so they wouldn't be playing for someone else. His 3rd string QB was usually better than most starters, and he never got to play. It was a dis-service to the kids, however, and rules got changed. So, you may be right that another change could be coming, I don't know. "Most" of the time, when a particular program starts to show a "phenomenal" success rate, someone eventually turns them in for rules-violations, an investigation ensues, and they get punished to the point that the program is cut-down to size. It is my personal belief that virtually ALL really successful programs are guilty of some rules violations under the table somewhere if you get right down to it, although some of these rules seem really silly to me (and some not). Alabama is famous for having a great firewall in place to shield them from such scrutiny (especially back in Bear's day, I'm not sure about now but I would be surprised if they didn't). Nonetheless, from what I can see I think Saban has played by the rules as much as anyone else, and has simply out-performed them. Every time they interview him at the end of the Championship game every year he says the same thing - "We're going to enjoy this win tonight and tomorrow, then we'll be back out on the road visiting recruits the next day." In other words, he works tirelessly like a machine. NO ONE will be more glad to see the Saban era end than us Auburn people, but I really hate to see them change the rules just to end his reign. He has earned his success and played within the rules that everyone else has (with the exception of what I said before). If an investigation breaks tomorrow and shuts him down, so be it. We'll be happy over here. But I hate to see them change the rules just to knock him off the top. He earned it.

No argument from me that Saban has earned his success. I was just speculating. In this day and age of participation medals and "fairness" you never know what is going to happen.

^^^ I have no idea if they're going to change recruiting rules, and I haven't heard anything about it. But, there's no denying that Saban has recruiting sewn-up. He's had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year for a long time now. Back when Bear was there, recruiting rules were much more lenient. He was famous for snapping up all the best recruits and sitting them on the bench so they wouldn't be playing for someone else. His 3rd string QB was usually better than most starters, and he never got to play. It was a dis-service to the kids, however, and rules got changed. So, you may be right that another change could be coming, I don't know. "Most" of the time, when a particular program starts to show a "phenomenal" success rate, someone eventually turns them in for rules-violations, an investigation ensues, and they get punished to the point that the program is cut-down to size. It is my personal belief that virtually ALL really successful programs are guilty of some rules violations under the table somewhere if you get right down to it, although some of these rules seem really silly to me (and some not). Alabama is famous for having a great firewall in place to shield them from such scrutiny (especially back in Bear's day, I'm not sure about now but I would be surprised if they didn't). Nonetheless, from what I can see I think Saban has played by the rules as much as anyone else, and has simply out-performed them. Every time they interview him at the end of the Championship game every year he says the same thing - "We're going to enjoy this win tonight and tomorrow, then we'll be back out on the road visiting recruits the next day." In other words, he works tirelessly like a machine. NO ONE will be more glad to see the Saban era end than us Auburn people, but I really hate to see them change the rules just to end his reign. He has earned his success and played within the rules that everyone else has (with the exception of what I said before). If an investigation breaks tomorrow and shuts him down, so be it. We'll be happy over here. But I hate to see them change the rules just to knock him off the top. He earned it.

Like in poker, its hard to win against an opponent who starts every hand with a Full House".

Tough call. Theyre the best and that gets them the best which keeps them the best which gets them the best which........

By democratic standards they are certainly entitled to that, but this aint about democracy, its about $$$ and keeping it level so you dont lose fan bade and revenue.

It also helps Saban, and the SEC in general, that our division literally grows its own talent. We produce some BIG athletic kids down this way. Many of those kids grow up in families with fierce loyalty to teams, just as in that movie "The Blind Side". I grew up knowing it was my father's dream for me to go to college at Alabama, so if I'd also been a good enough athlete to be courted by schools that decision would've been made long before the fact.

vh20 can attest that 90%+ of Bama fans never attended or were even accepted to the school. At least here in AL, the portion of AU fans without an actual affiliation to the school is way lower.

Back to topic, another Lagos scammer outed just now. I'm sure some are getting through. Lowlight has been updated. Hopefully we can take some additional protective measures. Until then, use your damned brain.

Sons a Bitches. I thought I was ordering a High End Bore Guide and got a Sniper Pro !!! Tucker PM'd me he'll take it. He'll take it allllllllll. :p

mCYuL6n.jpg

We can block the IP address, send a PM to this account and I will see if the IP addresses are the same

Sons a Bitches. I thought I was ordering a High End Bore Guide and got a Sniper Pro !!! Tucker PM'd me he'll take it. He'll take it allllllllll. :p

mCYuL6n.jpg

Tucker's right, youre not only a degree or two from level, youre twisted.

I'll bet there's a snail trail on that floor.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Sorry about devolving into an SEC thread, figured some random chatter about BS at least kept the thread bumped. Keep nailin those pesky scammers, maybe invite them to the party at your place? Human piñatas are always a crowd pleaser.

Probably drop an elbow into that mommy bucket.

R

Again, you say that like it's a bad thing. She'd probably like it.

I cannot possibly be the only guy in this group of miscreants that DATES good girls, but has enjoyed the recreational value of freaks you can spot from across the bar.
There's a time and place for bad girls, and being just a bit scared of what's next is better than any little blue pill.

Again, you say that like it's a bad thing. She'd probably like it.
but has enjoyed the recreational value of freaks you can spot from across the bar.
There's a time and place for bad girls, and being just a bit scared of what's next is better than any little blue pill.

That seems to be the only type I ever attract. Im enjoying the life of a monk recently. Its cheaper and calmer.

That seems to be the only type I ever attract. Im enjoying the life of a monk recently. Its cheaper and calmer.

The mistake, ole monastic one, is trying to date the crazy freaks. It's better for all involved if they are properly relegated to "break glass in case of..." status. I learned the hard way (several times) that even though some of them know which fork to use among polite society, that craziness just can't be kept in check.

In short: terrifying gorilla sex...YES please, letting them know where you live....never a good idea

vh20 can attest that 90%+ of Bama fans never attended or were even accepted to the school. At least here in AL, the portion of AU fans without an actual affiliation to the school is way lower.

I can testify, indeed. And they're the obnoxious ones, too - like the one who poisoned and killed the oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn (the >100 year old ones that are the basis for the many-decades old Auburn tradition of rolling them after a victory). I think part of it is that Alabama, as a dominant winning team, attracts a lot of fans who just want to be for a Winner, and don't have any connection to, or abiding love for the school (vs. the team) itself. Their fans who do are of a different class.