• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCAR 17S additions

Rail space is very tight on the 17, I added a KDG MREX, which provides more space.
Thought about this, but as of not there's not much I want to add onto the rifle. Perhaps later if I get crazy with add-ons.

Those PMM gas jets were worth it. Get three or four and you can really tame that rifle, both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Yes I think once I get the suppressor I will need to get these, but that will be a while from what I've read with these wait times. Is there any recommendations? Or I just have to get a few and pew pew until I find the right one?

How is the gen 3 doing on the scar?

I’ve been tempted but not. huge fan of the reticle.
I like it. Really wish the color was black, but that's just nitpicking. I am hopeful it can withstand the abuse that scars dish out on optics (so far so good). As for the reticle, I guess thats something you either get used to or go with something different. Is there a reticle on a comprable scope that you do like? Might have to take a look myself.

Yes I think once I get the suppressor I will need to get these, but that will be a while from what I've read with these wait times. Is there any recommendations? Or I just have to get a few and pew pew until I find the right one?
I noticed a difference even with the can off so I’d say look into it since it would help for both unsuppressed and suppressed, even if you still have to wait for the can.

What I did was read the reviews on PMM for the “average” gas jet size everyone was using then I went up one and down one for a three pack. They looked very similar in size and I was swapping them around that day so I can’t tell you which one I ended up leaving installed but I kept the other two in case any other cans I get would prefer the different size more. Sad to say with the jets it’s a “buy and try” to see which yours likes but if you get three, I’m sure one of them will be one that works for your rifle.

Different suppressors have different back pressures, which may cause you to prefer a smaller or larger jet.

If you use something low back pressure, such as Surefire, you can make a very minimal or no change to the jet. High back pressure cans you can drop to 1.4 or 1.3 on a 16" barrel.

I ended up going stock jet on 13" barrel and used Surefire low pressure can.

SCAR and Smith and Wesson.jpg

Reactions: HD1911 and theLBC
Thought about this, but as of not there's not much I want to add onto the rifle. Perhaps later if I get crazy with add-ons.

many shooter buy different sizes, going smaller and smaller until it fails to lock back.
then they go back up one size if they want it to run as soft as possible and not worry too much about reliability.
keep in mind mototec makes a new regulator that is another option. they have softer recoil plates if you want as well.

Last edited:
many shooter buy different sizes, going smaller and smaller until it fails to lock back.
then they go back up one size if they want it to run as soft as possible and not worry too much about reliability.
keep in mind mototec makes a new regulator that is another option. they have softer recoil plates if you want as well.

I actually already bought this, so perhaps I may be able to skip changing out anything else. We will see once the can is in hand... Whenever that is.