• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCAR 20 6.5CM Performance?

FALex

Headmaster of Romper Room
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
USA
Alright ladies and gents...I'm curious to know how your SCAR 20's in 6.5CM are performing? Details would be great, in terms of ammo and optics used, number of round fired, and anything else you believe may add to the discussion.

I have one in .308. I haven't even fired the damn thing. The reason for that used to be that I didn't have optics for it. Now, the reason is, I believe I want it in 6.5CM and if I end up going that route, it's easier to sell the current one as "NIB."

Before I go through the hassle of it all, I figured I'd ask you all how it's been going for you?

Thanks for the input.

Get both. Then you can feed one or the other depending on ammo availability. 175 fgmm, and 140 eld's are my go to's. Excellent accuracy but loud. Shooting a TBAC 338 can currently. No clue why they bark so bad. I shot a 3 shot 4" group with the 6.5 last time I shot at 1200y, then ran out of ammo and couldn't find any till last month. I hope to find time in the next few weeks and have some more fun with it. I love Scars.

While I have a 17, and can say that the general consensus is about 50/50 like to dislike, I can not honestly recall anybody who was not happy with the 20. From all accounts, they are some shooters.

In this market, I really do not think that NIB is really going to impact the the sale. I like 6.5 and think its really the way forward, less recoil, and overall just a more efficient round.

Long term play would be to source the 6.5CM barrel assembly, but if FN’s track record is anything to go on that won’t be til the back half of this decade.