• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SCAR17 and SCAR16 side by side

EricCartmann

Hobbyist among Operators
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Mom's Basement
These are not mine, belong to a buddy... I ofcourse recommended the TA-11 (3.5x) ACOG to him and he too says he will never buy a 4x ACOG again. Can't wait to try out that SCAR17 this weekend!

SCARsACOGs1617James-vi.jpg

Re: SCAR17 and SCAR16 side by side

Sweet I have twins too.

I'd recommend a barrel chop too. Those pencil barrels just look goofy on the SCARs. Sweet ass rifles though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd recommend a barrel chop too. Those pencil barrels just look goofy on the SCARs. Sweet ass rifles though! </div></div>

FN will be selling SBR barrels some time in the near future. They were supposed to be out already.

I plan to register both receivers and swap barrels when I need to. I prefer the full length for the extra velocity, but the SBRs will be nice for backpacking / four wheeling.

Not a big SCAR fan, but....

Looks really tight.

I'd ride them bitches hard and put them away wet.

Good for you guys. Tear it up.

I shot a SCAR 17 w/ an ACOG once. The eye relief was so short that the sling mount kept hitting my nose upon recoil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AzNooB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot a SCAR 17 w/ an ACOG once. The eye relief was so short that the sling mount kept hitting my nose upon recoil. </div></div>

Will have no such problem with the TA11. Also if you get the proper shoulder wedge and proper Length of Pull, recoil should be minimal.

I submitted my Form 1 to BATFE for the 16S. I have a 10.5" barrel on preorder.

Also waiting on two backordered Geissele triggers.

I don't want to SBR the 17S. If anything, I will get a 20" barrel for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I submitted my Form 1 to BATFE for the 16S. I have a 10.5" barrel on preorder.

Also waiting on two backordered Geissele triggers.

I don't want to SBR the 17S. If anything, I will get a 20" barrel for it. </div></div>

No man, the 17S is the one you should be SBRing! It has a lower velocity and bigger bullet, and with your Ti Suppressor, it will be the nuts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Naw man. The 17 is for medium/long range. FN doesn't even make a SBR barrel assembly for the 17. I'm sure some third party does though. </div></div>

Not saying it can't be long range, but it would be bad ass as an SBR shooting subsonic loads.