• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender 3-27 vs ZCO 5-27

“Impressed you,”😳first thought here…when a DA dude gives up his 223/5.56 for a percision long rifle…treating his PLR like that gives me palpitations… . .
lol Not everyone goes from the car to a bench and back. I had a rifle take a helluva tumble from a quad at about 10 mph thanks to a big ass badger hole. Got the dirt and grass out of the muzzle brake, dusted it off, and found the NF held zero just fine. lol Plastics have a new scratch? Oh well, it still hit where I aimed and that is its primary job.

Now with that said, I don't exactly encourage people to do abusive testing without a manufacture's approval and/or support behind them. Anything can and will fail sooner or later. My proof: Marines.

lol Not everyone goes from the car to a bench and back. I had a rifle take a helluva tumble from a quad at about 10 mph thanks to a big ass badger hole. Got the dirt and grass out of the muzzle brake, dusted it off, and found the NF held zero just fine. lol Plastics have a new scratch? Oh well, it still hit where I aimed and that is its primary job.

Now with that said, I don't exactly encourage people to do abusive testing without a manufacture's approval and/or support behind them. Anything can and will fail sooner or later. My proof: Marines.
Brother, I totally get you on the importance of durability-serviceability-consistency-accuracy with use outside of the “bench rest shooting world,” who you alluded to and whom we all so endearingly love. And that’s what a companies R&D department is for (if they are worth their salt), and real-world use historic‘s.

With all that said, why do that to your own gear, even if it CAN tolerate it…stepping off from my soap box now.

SF Devil