• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt Bender lead time?

Jin308to408

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
Calumet,IN
Hello guys,

Last month I place a order of S&B pmii 5-25 through opticsplanet.com and they told me that this scope is made to order and can't provide a ETA. I just wording anyone have any experiences with this kind of situation? or tell me probably how long should I wait? I want to hold it in my hand and set on my rifle so bad. Thanks ! welcome any information!

I do not have experience with situation. Would you mind sharing what specs you ordered?

sent via Tapatalk

Your first mistake was ordering through the fucking idiots that opticsplanet.com are. Cancel your order and go through mile high or sport optics or euro optics. I'm almost willing to bet they'll have what you want in stock.

I ordered one from Chris at Sport Optics last Thursday and it was at my house yesterday at noon.

Give Chris a call and he will hook you up.

I had the same issue with Optics Planet, they only stock a handful of popular models, and I wanted traditional DT/CCW with MSR reticle. Had to wait two months for it. The biggest problem I had with Optics Planet is they want all these ITAR forms signed and Fax'ed back, and because of the price of the scope, between the banks anti-fraud cursors with credit card purchases, and Optics Planet charging for Authorization, and then later Charging for Funds, it caused some issues with the bank not allowing the charges, and me having to call Optics Planet to coordinate with me so I can coordinate with the Bank to allow the charges. That in itself caused allot of frustration.

I normally would have bought from Alex or Chris, but neither of them could get the MSR reticle at that time, and Optics Planet was the only source that said they could deliver, plus they gave me a Mil/Fed discount.

I never had issue with opticsplanet but truth is I purchased my S&B's from Milehigh and EuroOptics.
Had my scopes withi two days from ordering.

I guess I lucked out they each had what I wanted in stock.

sent via Tapatalk

OpticsPlanet is an illustration of everything that is wrong with retail in general and optics specifically. I would gladly take two kicks in the nuts before buying anything from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OpticsPlanet is an illustration of everything that is wrong with retail in general and optics specifically. I would gladly take two kicks in the nuts before buying anything from them again.

I think their higher than camel cock!

Hello guys,

Last month I place a order of S&B pmii 5-25 through opticsplanet.com and they told me that this scope is made to order and can't provide a ETA. I just wording anyone have any experiences with this kind of situation? or tell me probably how long should I wait? I want to hold it in my hand and set on my rifle so bad. Thanks ! welcome any information!

depends on the scope specs, I just ordered( 5 weeks ago) a 3-27 with a p4f and 36mil elevation turret and was told 16-20 weeks, this was order time quoted by S&B, not a regularly stocked item, so hence the time to build and ship, etc.
what exact scope are you looking for, do you have a part #? I get inventory feeds for S&B regularly.

depends on the scope specs, I just ordered( 5 weeks ago) a 3-27 with a p4f and 36mil elevation turret and was told 16-20 weeks, this was order time quoted by S&B, not a regularly stocked item, so hence the time to build and ship, etc.
what exact scope are you looking for, do you have a part #? I get inventory feeds for S&B regularly.

1 x Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 Police Marksman II LP 34mm Riflescope w/ H2CMR Ret DT CM 677-CH2CMR
Availability: Estimated to ship within 22-31 days Adjustment Click Value: 1 cm at 100 m Reticle: H2CMR SKU: BD-RS-56LP-677-CH2CMR

just the basic, the only reason I purchase through opticsplanet was because the price, couple hundreds$ lower than the regular retail price when I make the order.

OP told me that the ETA on the receipt was not accurate, and probably much longer than 1 month

Made to order 5-25? Interesting......

What exact configuration did you order?

1 x Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 Police Marksman II LP 34mm Riflescope w/ H2CMR Ret DT CM 677-CH2CMR
Adjustment Click Value: 1 cm at 100 m Reticle: H2CMR SKU: BD-RS-56LP-677-CH2CMR
just the basic, the only reason I purchase through opticsplanet was because the price, couple hundreds$ lower than the regular retail price when I make the order.

I never had issue with opticsplanet but truth is I purchased my S&B's from Milehigh and EuroOptics.
Had my scopes withi two days from ordering.

I guess I lucked out they each had what I wanted in stock.

sent via Tapatalk

I agree with eurooptics and milehigh. I am still on the waiting list of 2014 model AX AICS from eurooptics. the only reason I go opticsplanet for SB is because the price, couple hundreds$ lower than the regular retail price when I make the order.

Any of the other sellers will most likely match prices anyway. Sport Optic is top notch.

I agree with eurooptics and milehigh. I am still on the waiting list of 2014 model AX AICS from eurooptics. the only reason I go opticsplanet for SB is because the price, couple hundreds$ lower than the regular retail price when I make the order.

I have a suspicion that you will NEVER see your Schmidt and Bender scope. They will simply never find one for that price and just let the order sit in limbo forever. Such is the rising prices on these scopes.

Cancel it and get it from a trusted seller.

Yes, I would recommend Europtic, where I obtained my Schmidt and Bender. Excellent customer service. They even helped me with how to zero the new locking turrets, since the instruction manual was WAY wrong. I called and in 60 seconds they had me the correct procedure. I'll bet dollars to cents that you will not get that kind of service from Opticsplanet.

Availability: Estimated to ship within 22-31 days Adjustment Click Value: 1 cm at 100 m Reticle: H2CMR SKU: BD-RS-56LP-677-CH2CMR

Most of following is speculation along with some knowledge of how Authorized Dealers and Manufactures work.

From the little experience I have with Authorized Dealers placing orders with manufactures, such as S&B:
- Dealer must place minimum dollar orders and NOT a piece here and there.
- I would not be surprised IF S&B's minimum order is $50k.
- From what I understand NF's minimum order is $20k. Doing this keeps just a small amount of authorized dealers for you and I (consumers) to choose from and increases the demand for the few Dealers with the capital to put up front.
- Mark up is about 20% so the scope you are wanting will net roughly $700.00 in their pocket for one sale.

I would not be surprised the wait time you are being told is THEIR expected next order placement plus wait time for receiving shipment.

Lastly I am sure Supply and Demand along with Availability plays a role within equation some how some way.

As for opticsplanet, I have placed a handful of orders with them in past and found their customer service to be very good. Only reason I did not purchase my two PMII's was because they did not have in stock and I was not willing to wait an unknown time period so I paid the $200 more to MH and EO who had what I wanted In-Stock at time of need. I dealt with Tonie (Tony) at OP and she always took care of me when placing orders.

Just my two cents.

So......we have these in stock........just saying.

***edit***
677-911-922-90-68 is SB's part number

Last edited:
I will wait for another 2 weeks. If they still could not deliever it. I will cancel the order and go with you.

I will wait for another 2 weeks. If they still could not deliever it. I will cancel the order and go with you.

Got mine from a dealer on eBay, had it in a week. H59 reticle too. No problem.

I'd procrastinate more if I weren't so apathetic.