• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender PMII 12.5-50x56mm

Re: Schmidt & Bender PMII 12.5-50x56mm

26 mil?

I can't find the data, but it seems lack of elevation is a big downfall with that scope.

How far were you intending to shoot with 26 mil?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26 mil?

I can't find the data, but it seems lack of elevation is a big downfall with that scope.

How far were you intending to shoot with 26 mil? </div></div>

I need a scope to shoot at +2000m. I would like a scope that can see targets at 3000m, it seems that 50x would be more then enough. if it does not have the elevation to get any bullet out there, then the scope is useless to me.

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">S&B web page states -5 to 65 cm or 0 to 12 MOA. </div></div>
Ja but like with the 5-25x56 PM II the MIL should have way more elevation then the MOA version of the scope. I hope they made the scope compatable for ERL shooting.

Cheers,

Master Diver

You are never going to find a 50 power scope that has a huge elevation range to get you from 100-3K. Get a scope base/mount with elevation built in to get you out to 3K, or a lower power scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Dutchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are never going to find a 50 power scope that has a huge elevation range to get you from 100-3K. Get a scope base/mount with elevation built in to get you out to 3K, or a lower power scope. </div></div>

You might be right, BUT the USO SN 9 10-42x80 has 120 moa and that is more then most 5-25x scopes.

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flying Dutchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are never going to find a 50 power scope that has a huge elevation range to get you from 100-3K. Get a scope base/mount with elevation built in to get you out to 3K, or a lower power scope. </div></div>

You might be right, BUT the USO SN 9 10-42x80 has 120 moa and that is more then most 5-25x scopes.

Cheers,

Master Diver </div></div>

Love USO and would recomend you take a look at that scope.....that being said it is a beast.....

The SN 9 10-42x80 is my pick right now, there are however a few issues that I need resolved before getting one.

The USO with 120m moa of elevation will make it to 3000m zeroed at 100m!
laugh.gif

The S&B 12.5-50x56 is however a more classic looking scope and cheaper, if it has the elevation needed.

Cheers,

Master Diver

The SN9 has external adjustment, so no limit beside the mount itself. Apples and oranges
wink.gif

Yes I know that, external elevation is NOT what I wish for and therefor it would be nice if S&B came up with a good alternative.
I just want high magnification and enough elevation to get to 3000m.

Cheers,

Master Diver

96 MOA with the Mil adjustments. I bought this scope because of its large amount of adjustment. It came down to the Hensoldt and this S&B PMII and the S&B had quite a bit more adjustment. With my 20 MOA base I think I can use this out to 2000 yards with my .338 Lapua magnum.

Yes I will need it for a 375 SnipeTac with a LGT barrel and 414 grn bullets at 3000 fps. This is a development test rifle for new GS Custom bullets.
with 96 MOA elevation I would use a .40MOA base, zero would have to be further out then 100m
frown.gif

Cheers,

Master Diver

You're gonna shoot 375ST at 100? I pitty the fool who comes across your rifle in the field
smile.gif

I will properly never shoot it at 100m, don't even go to a 100 meter range. I do however like the set-up to be right and I would like to be able to engage targets at any given distance.
BUT I might have to do a compromise here.

Cheers,

Master Diver

Gentlemen,

I just heard back from S&B in Germany.

The 12.5-50x56 has 17.5 MIL, nice BUT NOT enough.

Cheers,

Master Diver

YES
grin.gif

Here you go.

414 grn SP bullet by GS Custom.
I hope to get 3000 fps from my 375 SnipeTac system.

375414sp.jpg

350smkRM361P347GS355ZA65ZA70.jpg

The ZA375/6.5 can also get you there, if you have the right twist, some of these bullets are still beeing tested and it is to some degree undived waters.

Cheers,

Master Diver