• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Schneider barrels

Re: Schneider barrels

Schneider Rifle Barrels
1403 Red Baron
Payson, AZ 85541
Phone: (928) 474-2852
Hand-lapped, pull-buttoned barrels with superb accuracy. Conventional and 5-land Polygon (P5) rifling options. Good prices ($254/blank).

From 6mmbr . com

Reactions: aljones_315

Your Welcome,
I have one of their poly's on my XC AR....Great shooting barrel.

Im looking to get one of the rough turned M40a1 contract barrels for my GAP build. Ive seen them with over 8000 rds still holding. Got to special order for the rough finish. Thanks again!

I got mine in just over a month. Great to deal with. Unfortunately mine is still in the box waiting for my current barrel to give out.
CC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptainChaos51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine in just over a month. Great to deal with. Unfortunately mine is still in the box waiting for my current barrel to give out.
CC </div></div>

There was a rumor when I was in that the MC tested the barrel 7.62 15000 rds and gave up as it was still holding strong. It was put out that the barrels wer to be replaced at 10000 vs the 7000 for the hs and Hart barrels. Dont know the validity but they did shoot better than the other barreled M40s. If you took your fingernail and ran it down the length of the barrel you knew you had a good one if you could file your fingernail with it. Guess I got to order for posterity sake. Always liked the way they looked too.

I picked up one of his left over contract M40 barrels and I couldn't be happier. It will shoot anything well but absolutly loves the 155.5 Bergers. I have Won many F-Class matches with it. I heard that story also. Gary Schneider told me it when I asked him how he managed to land a military contract.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matthew Lundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up one of his left over contract M40 barrels and I couldn't be happier. It will shoot anything well but absolutly loves the 155.5 Bergers. I have Won many F-Class matches with it. I heard that story also. Gary Schneider told me it when I asked him how he managed to land a military contract. </div></div>

Nice! I wonder if he has any left?

I think he keeps them on hand. I had mine within 1 week of ordering.

Cool. He must be a pretty busy guy. Hopng ill be able to get ahold of him soon as I have no number he can call back to to leave on his message machine while overseas.

I live in Payson, thinking about getting one of his barrels but my gun shoots great as is so I don't really wanna change anything. I wanna contact him and see if he needs someone to clean up the shop or something maybe learn some gun smithing. Anyway sounds like his barrels are awesome.

Great barrel, I have several, my poly is faster that my other maker 308 barrels, a snap to clean, when I do clean. The barrel M40 is very heavy, I put on a AIAW and added weight, my next barrel will be a Schneider but in a heavy varmit or something like an AI conture

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chip8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptainChaos51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine in just over a month. Great to deal with. Unfortunately mine is still in the box waiting for my current barrel to give out.
CC </div></div>

There was a rumor when I was in that the MC tested the barrel 7.62 15000 rds and gave up as it was still holding strong. It was put out that the barrels wer to be replaced at 10000 vs the 7000 for the hs and Hart barrels. Dont know the validity but they did shoot better than the other barreled M40s. If you took your fingernail and ran it down the length of the barrel you knew you had a good one if you could file your fingernail with it. Guess I got to order for posterity sake. Always liked the way they looked too. </div></div>

The rumor is true. The throat was completely eroded but the accuracy held up.

+1 on the P5 barrels. I picked up a 1-11" twist last year in .308 It shoots great.

Gary Schneider's a great guy to deal with. I called him on his work/cell phone and couldn't be better person. Got two of his spare contract barrels within one week of payment. His current price on contract barrel blanks are just over 300, for me anyway.

I cant get ahold of Gary whatsoever. I think its because im on skype and it shows as id unavailable on phones. Anyone have one of the contract barrels unused for sale? Id need it shipped to GA.

I can't say enough good things about Gary. When I was initially looking into rebarreling my Tikka 300WM, instead of selling me a barrel (which is why I contacted him), he diagnosed my problem as a bedding issue, which when corrected solved all of my concerns.

I have utmost respect for people who concern themselves with customer service even when it may cost them a sale.

John

wut would run for a remington 700p 308 cal. pm me if ant one has bought one this past year

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wut would run for a remington 700p 308 cal. pm me if ant one has bought one this past year </div></div>
ditto. i never really got an answer either.

ill have to give them a call this week

I talked to Gary this afternoon and he was a real big help and super interesting individual to talk to. Talked for over an hour not even about barrels but flying and military ect. As far as barrels goes he knows his stuff and really helpful.

I have one of Gary's bbls on a GAP 300WM.
It is fast, accurate, and easy to clean.
Great bbl.

Coach

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuntinAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">........I wanna contact him and see if he needs someone to clean up the shop or something maybe learn some gun smithing...... </div></div>

You are a smart kid Rhett.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blakheaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know the specific USMC finish they use? </div></div>

Black oxide

dmg really appreciate it! I would have felt bad to call gary back just to ask him a stupid question like that. He told me a real elaborate process they did and missed what the actual finish was

Ive heard alot of great things about Gary Schneider and his barrels from all over the hyde on many posts. definitely looking forward to picking up a barrel, does anyone know if they thread them too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuntinAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in Payson, thinking about getting one of his barrels but my gun shoots great as is so I don't really wanna change anything. I wanna contact him and see if he needs someone to clean up the shop or something maybe learn some gun smithing. Anyway sounds like his barrels are awesome. </div></div>
you probably could do lapping for him. i do lapping for a little side money with gary and he is a great guy and his barrels are the best!

Anybody have experience with his 6.5 mm barrels? Thinking about a 6.5 creedmore build and need a barrel...

I just put a Schneider P5 on my 300 win mag. It only took 4 weeks to get it. It has been a great barrel so far. I have a pacnor on my 6.5x284, it has also been a great barrel but I think I will try Schneider on when its time to replace it.

Gary only makes good barrels. While he may have the 'occassional' lemon I have never heard, read of anyone getting a bad Schneider blank. Knowing Gary I highly suspect he would be a standup gent to deal with if by chance you did get one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody have experience with his 6.5 mm barrels? Thinking about a 6.5 creedmore build and need a barrel... </div></div>

Crusader260002.jpg

rams009.jpg

The barrel had about 1300 rounds through it when shot this five shot group. #5 was the low one.

Yea, but PGS, most of us 'commoners' cannot shoot like you so your abilities are not a fair assesetment of what the average person does with a Schneider tube
wink.gif

Pretty hard to find a flaw with that rifle/load and that group @ 100yds moreless 200yds! Nice shooting I must say, no wonder them MT yotes take such a beating from you!

Talked for a a bit with Midge and Sandy Seifert? from Glassgow at the Dickinson gunshow yesterday. I know you said before you didn't think you knew them? They live just west of town on south side of the hiway.

Wow...that answers that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Crusader260002.jpg
</div></div>

There is something very suspicious about this pic...
wink.gif
I've never seen it "calm" in E. Montana. 15-20 mph wind is usually baseline. I shot at Aug's Ranch on Jan 28th and held 4.5 mils left for 1126. Oh... and it was calm. The next day we measured 55 mph gusts.

John

Oh, BTW... Good shootin', Pat. Someday you'll have to show me how you do that....
smile.gif