• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes scope advice

justinbiscuit

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2012
I am looking for advice on what I hope will be the last high-end tactical scope I ever buy. My rifle is a Rem 700 in .300 Win mag and the application is long range target. I understand that I could spend alot less for this application however I have the cash and really want something that will last both mine and my children lifetime (no pressure!)

I am looking to order today!

sorry for the cross post from anther site...really need some help..

Kahles K624i 6-24x56 CW Riflescope w/ MIL4 Reticle
Additional Features: ClockwiseReticle: MIL4 $3,054.00

Premier Reticles Heritage 5-25x56mm RifleScope w/ Gen2 XR Mildot Reticle PRH-09004
Model: New, Premier Reticles Heritage 5-25x56mm RifleScope w/ Gen2 XR Mildot Reticle PRH-09004 $3,521.00

Hensoldt ZF 4-16x56 FF Matte BlackRiflescope w/ Mil Dot Reticle, by Zeiss Optics
Model: Hensoldt ZF 4-16x56 FF Matte BlackRiflescope w/ Mil Dot Reticle, by Zeiss Optics $3,463.00

Schmidt and Bender 3-20x50 Police Marksman II LP 34mm Riflescope w/ MSR Ret DT CM 668-CMSR
Reticle: MSRAdditional Features: Double Turn CM $3,489.00

Would also consider the 5-25x56 from S&B however worried about "tunneling"

So...what would you do?

thx

The Khales and S&B are very good. Also, Nightforce is about to release its newest scope next month (hopefully). It should be in the same class as the others.

"I am looking for advice on what I hope will be the last high-end tactical scope I ever buy"

You better not spend much time on this site then! Eventually, and usually sooner than later we all catch optics and/or rifle add and trade or add more to the stable whichever your budget allows for at the time. I personally would never spend that much on an optic I have not spent plenty of time with. Once you figure out which reticle, adjustment type (mil or moa not that it matters just make sure adjustments match reticle) you prefer or fits you best narrow it down from there. Granted advice from members here can guide you, optics opinions are very subjective. I would find a retailer that sells some of the scopes you mentioned and look them over, but field use will always tell you if it fits the application.

buy the one that any two people agree with on this site as it is unlikely to happen.

I don't think your list is complete as if it were my last scope for long range, I would go with a 24 power minimum and most likely a 32 in the better scopes, skipping your first two selections. Not that there is anything wrong with them.

Also, for a last scope I would want a company that is going to be around for a long time with excellent and timely customer service.

S&B 5-25 MSR all the way. S&B is the scope that all others like to compare to for a reason, it's simply still the best period. The 5-25 PM11 scopes seem to be liked a little more than the 3-20's, there used to be a thread on here somewhere. Best of luck.