• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Scope Bite! Wifes 1st deer

curtistate

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Lawton, Oklahoma
She got her deer but got a surprise too.

LISA001.jpg

LISA003.jpg

Re: Scope Bite! Wifes 1st deer

Before everyone tears into me, I thought I would post a picture of gun with break on it now. She would of shot coyote too but he wouldn't stop trotting.

coyote003.jpg

Boy she took one for the team didn't she! Congrats on her first deer and by the looks of that smile on her face the little bite didn't bother her too much...

I recognize that guy in that picture!!!

That rifle is the real deal too! He actually let me shoot it once or twice too.

I am sure all the boys on here would love to see a close up of it. Donovan can use his good camera to take some pics. I am taking mine down soon and gonna have him take some pics.

It's a A5-A3 stock in 7wsm. It was built by GA Precision. It has a Knight Force 5.5x22 on it. I know I'll catch grief on this but she only got to dry fire it on deer and ect. for a year and a half. The only two bullets she got to shoot are the deer and the pig and they were both at 285-290 yards. I promised to take her target practicing though. The only time I got to shoot this year was on a squirel. Got him at 285 yards. Didn't get any pics. If you didn't guess, shooting house is 285 yards from corn pile. Oh, and the coyote but he was slingshot distance.

JCH How have you been? Have you been poking anything with that good shooter you've got? My mind is blank, can't think of your name, John right? Mine is Curtis. Will have to shoot again. Will bring wife with next time. I call her wife, we are going to get married this week or next week. Just I do's.

Jason....

I am good. Got my Surgeon in 223AI done.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...258#Post1382258

My 243AI is waiting on the Mcmillan A5 that should be here next week. I finished fireforming and load development for the heavy 223AI but have yet to work my dope out.

I'll bring my wife next time. just bought her a SPS Tactical 223 so she can shoot with us.

congrats, scope bite sucks. when i was younger, my first year out hunting gave me scope bite bruise on my eye...

Good deal Curtis, now she'll be fightin' you for the rifle when a big buck walks out.

It just makes my day to see her get so excited when she sees something step out. I was loosing that. She helps bring that back out. I did see one last year before season that brought it back though. If he shows up, there could be a problem in the relationship. Ask Donovan about that one.

My kind of woman !! Takes a beatin and keeps on a shootin .