• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Caps

tanda10506

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Phelan, CA
As I had said in my last post, I just got my Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308. Today my scope came, it's a Millet LRS. I opened it and everything was included. I mounted it and that went smooth. I went outside to take a look around with it and it really is nice, I like the illuminated mil dot. Overall I like the whole set up so far, but I have one small problem that can probably only be solved by someone who has/had this scope: I can get the scope cap to go over the objective easily, but I can't get the other one over the ocular? The cap is rubber and there is rubber, I'm assuming for eye protection, around the ocular that I can't get the cap to go over. I know I can get another one in a few days if that's what I need, but is there any tricks to getting this one on for now? Second, I know this is a total noob question but this is my first rifle that has a large scope on it: How do you guys store your rifles with the scope on them? I don't want to stand it up in my safe or a closet in case it fell over, but I don't want to leave it resting on the bipod because I'm assuming that would wear out the bipod. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Scope Caps

Try wetting the cap with a little water, or heating it up a little with a hair dryer. If it STILL doesn't fit they may have sent you the wrong one.