• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope choices

88magnum

Private
Minuteman
Ive been out of long range shooting for a good while. The last scopes I had close to 10 years ago were a Nightforce NXS and a Leupold Mk 4. I know scope technology had advanced in that time. I wont be shooting .308 any more, my new rifle is a Rem 700 5-R in 6.5 Creedmoor.
I want to shoot 100 through 1200 yards and possibly a little further occassionally. Im looking at mostly new stuff, but am not opposed to excellent condition used scopes. I dont want to shoot MOA anymore, rather shoot in mils now. I want a 50mm objective, (christmas tree type) reticle, FFP as well. My budget is 1500-1900.
Ive been looking at the Burris XTR III, Vortex Razor, Nightforce, Steiner. What else is there to consider in that price range? I want it to track well, have pretty nice glass considering the price, and a good warranty.
Any recommendations appreciated.

You could pick up a lightly used Gen II Razor from the PX, it’s heavy, but a nice piece of glass. They go from 16-1800 pretty often.

Last edited:
You could pick up a lightly used Razor from the PX, it’s heavy, but a nice piece of glass. They go from 16-1800 pretty often.
The used GII razors are one of the best values right now as are the used athlon Cronus for a few hunskies less.

I have the Vortex Golden Eagle for sale if your interested, brand new never used. Message if interested.