• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope dope disk

I thought of buying them but decided to make my own instead. Gave me much more room for data and I can have as many as I need for other rifles/loads.

Excel is your friend. I can send you the file if you would like it. Send me a PM if you do.

Used a wax highlighter on yardage number and increments at either X33 yards or X00/25/50/75 for each line. Wind is simply half distance at 8mph on my rifle.
20190130_193116.jpg
20190130_193129.jpg
20190130_193149.jpg

I thought of buying them but decided to make my own instead. Gave me much more room for data and I can have as many as I need for other rifles/loads.

Excel is your friend. I can send you the file if you would like it. Send me a PM if you do.

Used a wax highlighter on yardage number and increments at either X33 yards or X00/25/50/75 for each line. Wind is simply half distance at 8mph on my rifle.
View attachment 7014886View attachment 7014888View attachment 7014889
Thanks, I'm going to use your idea. I'd been mulling around how to do the 25yd, increments for the flip cap but hadn't seen it done before now.

Thanks, I'm going to use your idea. I'd been mulling around how to do the 25yd, increments for the flip cap but hadn't seen it done before now.

I've been using this template for around two years now. I didnt like the 100yd interval and felt there was a better way to utilize space for more data/precision. If I'm in a situation that requires a precise shot, 100yd intervals only work out to 400-500 before the gaps can cause a pretty substantial miss with bad math.

I make 4 per load and color code them (15deg- white for super cold, 35deg - light blue for ice/cold, 55deg - light green like spring, 75deg - red for hot) and store them with rifle case/data book. Data and other info on back for reference. In Spring, it's easy to stack two into cap and swap if temps warm or cool substantially. Easy swap out when needed.

If you would like me to send my template, I can send via email. It will print complete page of discs and can be scaled to fit most caps.

And @AHC222 is right: there is something weird in how Excel handles "circles". They need to be slightly taller than wider so that they print correctly round (not oval).

20190131_155624.jpg

I have an excel spread sheet as well that I sized to fit inside vortex defenders.

I have made up and laminated dozens of these for myself and others:
7FB15A24-375C-4DB5-926D-5FCD4BBBD837.jpeg

5A1525A8-5E72-42F5-9E2D-5E84CBCA3877.jpeg

I've been using this template for around two years now. I didnt like the 100yd interval and felt there was a better way to utilize space for more data/precision. If I'm in a situation that requires a precise shot, 100yd intervals only work out to 400-500 before the gaps can cause a pretty substantial miss with bad math.

I make 4 per load and color code them (15deg- white for super cold, 35deg - light blue for ice/cold, 55deg - light green like spring, 75deg - red for hot) and store them with rifle case/data book. Data and other info on back for reference. In Spring, it's easy to stack two into cap and swap if temps warm or cool substantially. Easy swap out when needed.

If you would like me to send my template, I can send via email. It will print complete page of discs and can be scaled to fit most caps.

And @AHC222 is right: there is something weird in how Excel handles "circles". They need to be slightly taller than wider so that they print correctly round (not oval).

View attachment 7015435

That would great, I did a small data card that was laminated to the bell of my handgun scope when I was in Alaska in 25yd increments out to 500 yards. I shot with it out to 300 yards to check and make adjustments. My last year there, I took a nice caribou at 230 yards according to the optical range finder. I didn't know then, 25 years ago, a tenth of what I have learned since about ballistics. My experience with Excel and computers taught me that the sometimes the printer and drivers can screw up the finished product. I'm sure I can make the adjustments to make it work for me. I'll PM you with my e-mail address.

Hello AHC222, stole your idea and made this.....View attachment 7157848 As you can see it's a small caliber as I am new to the game. We, in the Netherlands, have to start with a small caliber, when we start with this sport.

Excellent layout. - I will be trying this this weekend.

By the way - is the CPRN, the Fiocchi or the CCI? How do you like it?

Made this in excel. For some reason it looks vertically compressed, but prints perfectly round with all text visible. Works well for me.

View attachment 7015325
A big thanks to AHC222 for sending me his template in Excel and to everyone else that posted here and other places with ideas. I was having all kinds of problems prior, but with his template I was able to create this for my Vortex E-10 eye pieces. The only issue I am having is get the circle and the text at the top to stay locked together as one shape and the whole shape group to sit behind the text. More google and youtube in my future. Over all I am happy with it.

Scope Disc Vortex E-10.png

Could you please share with me your excel file? Thanks, @ [email protected]

A big thanks to AHC222 for sending me his template in Excel and to everyone else that posted here and other places with ideas. I was having all kinds of problems prior, but with his template I was able to create this for my Vortex E-10 eye pieces. The only issue I am having is get the circle and the text at the top to stay locked together as one shape and the whole shape group to sit behind the text. More google and youtube in my future. Over all I am happy with it.

View attachment 7290409
Could you please share with me you excel file? @ [email protected]

SixWhiskey thanks for the Dropbox share of the link to make our dope sheets! Nice thing for ya to do.

SixWhiskey thanks for the Dropbox share of the link to make our dope sheets! Nice thing for ya to do.
AHC222 deserves the credit as he sent them to me originally. For those that download it, it has two files that are basically the same. Each template is made of 3 layers so that you can change each layer to suit your needs. I am not an Excel expert, but a little Google foo got me started. If someone makes it better please send it to me or post it here.

Like others I made my own. This is a sample from when I was first experimenting to see how much data I could fit. Disregard the data itself, of course.

data.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 7290409

View attachment 7290409

View attachment 7015435

What type of printer paper/card material do you recommend when printing out these DOPE disks! I am looking for a solution for my Schmidt Bender 5x45x56 scope. Any recommendations? [email protected]

P.s. there use to be a video on youtube where the instructor had a retractable DOPE tape that mounted on the side of the scope does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Where I can buy it? It was like a tape you would print out your DOPE and when needed all you would do is pull out the tape look at your DOPE and then when you let go of the tape it would retract back into its housing. Cool little device but I could locate it on the Internet.

What type of printer paper/card material do you recommend when printing out these DOPE disks! I am looking for a solution for my Schmidt Bender 5x45x56 scope. Any recommendations? [email protected]

P.s. there use to be a video on youtube where the instructor had a retractable DOPE tape that mounted on the side of the scope does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Where I can buy it? It was like a tape you would print out your DOPE and when needed all you would do is pull out the tape look at your DOPE and then when you let go of the tape it would retract back into its housing. Cool little device but I could locate it on the Internet.

iu

Discontinued

Would you be willing to send me your template? That is a great design!!
[email protected]

I made this and other versions online on Canva in only about 30 minutes. I can definitely cram more dope in here too. I only went to 300 since these are subs. Happy shooting friends.

Attachments

• B8FA9981-FC4F-412E-BED7-2857E1405DA6.png
    B8FA9981-FC4F-412E-BED7-2857E1405DA6.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 536
I made this and other versions online on Canva in only about 30 minutes. I can definitely cram more dope in here too. I only went to 300 since these are subs. Happy shooting friends.
Nice! How did you set the size in order to print correct?

Nice! How did you set the size in order to print correct?
So in the Canva page, when you start a new project, you can customize the size. Either pixels or inches. I made the page 2”x2”. To print to size, it did take a small bit of trial and error to scale it just right to fit inside my Vortex Defender caps, but worth it in the long run.

Reactions: Cfshooter