• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for my SR25

jamesmspencerjr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2014
Can anyone please tell me what they thing would be a good battle rifle scope for my SR 25 308? I was thinking about a 1x8 scope.

What is the rifle's mission?

Without knowing that... Unless you have the 24" match upper, I'd suggest the Leupold 1.1-8x24 CQBSS with the H27D reticle. The illuminated portion of the reticle is excellent at any power and the "Christmas tree" portion of the reticle is unobtrusive at low power and handy at higher power. If you have the 24" Match upper, I'd mount a Nightforce F1 with the H59 reticle. I do not think the inherent accuracy of the system warrants a S&B.

Is it the EC, ECC, ECR? I Have the ECC and run a CQBSS 1-8 H27. Versatile scope for a versatile rifle. Great up close or out to 800m plus with the horus. Love mine. Seems to be the most recommend by other with an ECC as well. The scope is expensive, but if possible leupold le mil program will ease the pain some

I run a Leopold Mark4 3.5-10x40 on my P308 and find it to fit my needs perfectly.

All the Nightforce scopes I have are superior to any non Mark 4 or 8 scopes and certainly just as good as them. Maybe my NF scopes are just unusual but they are as clear and have equal clarity and resolution as my friends Kahles scopes at half the price. Mainly because Austrian/German scopes are so over priced due to the Euro and import fees.

Gotta say that optically, Kahles is gonna blow the doors off any Nightforce, except maybe the F1, BEAST, or ATACR. Even then the Kahles will be better, but the differences will not be so obvious to the untrained eye. Recent Kahles scopes have some of the best glass in the world.

I have no horse in this race, but reality is reality

All the Nightforce scopes I have are superior to any non Mark 4 or 8 scopes and certainly just as good as them. Maybe my NF scopes are just unusual but they are as clear and have equal clarity and resolution as my friends Kahles scopes at half the price. Mainly because Austrian/German scopes are so over priced due to the Euro and import fees.

What is the rifle's mission?

Without knowing that...

+1 Mission? Budget? How far do you anticipate shooting the rifle? Without knowing more about your specific needs recommendations will continue to be all over the board.

I use a MK6 3-18x on mine. I wanted a little more magnification to get me to 800 yards.

I looked at other scopes (S&B, Kahles, NF) but they all weighed more. The MK6 is 23 oz.

I paid $2700, illuminated, TMR,MIL/MIL, Webyshops in TX.

0-500 = MK8 CQBSS w Horus. Fucking GREAT scope.

0-800 = MK6 good scope, super clean and bright 3-15x, weighs 23 ounces. 18x is pushing it, but does work.

Good Luck.

Gotta say that optically, Kahles is gonna blow the doors off any Nightforce, except maybe the F1, BEAST, or ATACR. Even then the Kahles will be better, but the differences will not be so obvious to the untrained eye. Recent Kahles scopes have some of the best glass in the world.

I have no horse in this race, but reality is reality

I have no complaint about Kahles glass, but has Kahles' ruggedness improved since the 1990's? At that time Kahles was building Swarovski's scopes and I had catastrophic failures of two very expensive such scopes. In one scope the erector assembly canted about 30° in the housing. In the other scope the integral STANAG mount sheared off the scope while mounted on an AUG special receiver. I understand that Kahles now has a USA repair facility, but at that time the round trip to Austria was 6 months for each scope.

Despite those experiences, the DTA/Kahles collaboration on the AMR (Advanced Milling Reticle) finds me willing to give Kahles a third chance.

Last edited:
In this business, a generation is about 3 years. At least in my experience since I've been in the industry (11 years this August). The way scope technology/manufacturing has evolved, and the way companies refine/change their products, the above question is somewhat analogous to comparing a modern car to something built in the 40's. I'd like to see a new Kahles side by side with one built in the 90's, both inside and out.

I'm selling a nightforce 2.5-10x32mm that would be a great fit as others have suggested. I believe yours should come with canted iron sights so no issues there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone please tell me what they thing would be a good battle rifle scope for my SR 25 308? I was thinking about a 1x8 scope.

USO 1-8x
Votex 1-6x
Bushnell 1-8.5x
Leupold 1-6x or the 1.1-8x
Swarovski 1-6x
Kahles 1-6x

You could do a higher magnified scope with a RED DOT offset.

I have used a lot of lower powered scopes. 1-6 Vs 1-8x the extra 2x can be nice but not a hug thing to me.

Here is a video I did on the 1.1-8x.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBLwaP_FDHE

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

I have a SS10x42m on my 24" SR. Its been good for the last 7 years. I would to upgrade but it still works and with 2 little ones running around till it breaks it stays.

I have a NF ATACR on my EMR and a PR Heritage 3-15 on the Match

Not knowing the purpose of the rifle, I'd go with the Bushnell 3.5-21X with either of their offered reticles. It has a very large magnification range, and the relatively inexpensive cost = More ammo.

Morning brother, thanks for your input out of the systems that you talked about which is your favorite system and why? What are you running on your weapon systems? Can you please give me the name of the place where you purchased your scopes? Oh for both 5.56 & 7.62 please brother? God bless.