• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for pistol caliber carbine

Fret

USAF Retired
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2017
N Idaho
I'm thinking of putting a low power variable optic on my 9mm carbine. Not looking to spend too much but still get a decent scope. Was thinking of Steiner P4Xi but wanted to get some input if there are any other good choices in the same price range. Thanks!

Why not a quality red dot? For the distance you'll be shooting its a much better option. I do like the p4xi when it comes to low cost and light optics though

The Trijicon Accupower 1-4. I have a 1-6 on a dangerous game rifle and really like it. Nice glass and very bright.

Thanks. Looks like a nice scope. I'll have to check it out.

Why not a quality red dot? For the distance you'll be shooting its a much better option. I do like the p4xi when it comes to low cost and light optics though

I have a red dot on it but I want to shoot some small targets at 50 yards that I use with my target .22 rifle. I can't really see the targets at that range with the red dot.

The stiner has a DAYLIGHT BRIGHT dot. This is a good choice.

Get the 3.25 MOA RMR. Simple, light, rugged enough. Need bigger, then the Eotech holosights.

I don't have experience with the Steiner but have heard nothing but raves about it. Personally, and I know it's old school, but if I were in your spot I'd go with a Trijicon 1-4x Accupoint for the light weight, plus the ruggedness. You won't need more than a 4x for the 75-ish yards a PCC is going to shoot. Having said that... I do have to agree that a red dot is more in line with PCC uses. The CMore RTS2 is the best you'll find for competition (I like a 6moa on my PCC but 8moa is good too, which I use on my competition Steel Challenge rimfires). I use an RMR Type 2 for zombie purposes with my PCCI, finding it slower than the RTS2 but rugged as hell and the battery life plus the light sensing auto adjustment feature makes it unbeatable for HD in my humble opinion.

Depends on what you want to do. There are several medium to high quality low power variable scopes in that range but you probably aren’t shooting high quality enough ammo to make a difference. Perhaps just consider a red dot as well.

Thanks everyone. I'll take all your good advice into consideration.

P4Xi or used Accupoint. There's definitely potential for a LPV on a pistol caliber rifle if you are using it as a trainer for a rifle with an LPV or just want an etched reticle.

The P4Xi, at least optically, lands well above its price class with a truly daylight bright red dot and often includes a decent zoom lever. The BDC could be interesting if you want to lob them out there.

I think the market has moved beyond accupoint 1-4s at street prices for a new one. Used they can be a decent deal and like an ACOG are very bright under the right conditions. I liked the triangle/post reticle and found it very fast, but need something with holdovers.

I run Trijicon MRO's on my PCC's. Hardly anyone in PCC shooting games like USPSA or 3 Gun uses a 1-4 or more. 9mm isn't meant to be a precision round. If you find enjoyment shooting tiny groups with it at 100 yards that's fine, but I don't see much of a point in that.

Since my PCC's get passed around quite a bit at matches, the red dot significantly simplifies the shooting experience for new shooters.

I've been shooting a PCC for a few years doing USPSA and Steel Shooting using a C-More with good results. Yesterday I shot a Knock Down Steel match where some 3" x 3" plates seemed to disappear into the Fall leaves surrounding them. I remarked that I wish I had my 1-4 Meopta mounted. Last year I shot a match that had Brown IPSC targets in front of Brown dirt berms @ 100 yards. A young lady with a scope kicked our butts. It depends on the target, close run and gun, Red-dot, longer range, low power scope.