• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope for Remington 700 Police

Plasmech

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2009
My local dealer has a Remington 700 Police that I have my eye on big time. Seems like an awesome platform to start with.

What would be a good scope to match the quality of this rifle? I know that NightForce, S&B, and USO are all good scopes, but does one particular model shine above the best? Honestly I really don't want to spend more than $2,000 for the scope. Any advice is welcome!

Also, if there's something negative about the 700 Police that I don't know, please let me know!

Re: Scope for Remington 700 Police

They are all great scopes. It will likely come down to features that you prefer among those listed such as how illumination is turned on/off, spacing and feel of turret clicks, design of reticles available, SFP versus FFP... best way to decide is to get your hands on them which can be a challenge. Might check around at your range and see if any other shooters have one for you to peak through and handle.

They all have great features and are quality scopes. I think its personal oppinion at this point. looks like you will have a great stick in the near future.

If you're willing and able to put out $2K for a scope, I'd look at a gently-used Nightforce or US Optics. If you look around, you can find a NF F1 or a USO 3.2-17 for that price.

don't forget the Vortex Razor HD at that price point - nice scope and great clarity.

I was just at the dealer. Long story short, I put a Remington Custom Shop 40X in .308 on layaway. I am hoping that this gun, with one of the aforementioned optical packages, will one-hole a 100 yards.

How far and how often will you be shooting and are you familiar with mils or moas? I have a USO 3.2-17 TPAL in MIL MIL, but its an upper end scope. I have been shooting for well over 12 years. If you are just starting out, you could always save a lot of coin and get a super sniper or a falcon. I have owned both and they are great entry level scopes. A lot of people will swear by them on here.

Not trying to talk you out of an expensive scope, but you could save about $1500 and use it to get other items like a range finder, spotting scope, bag, shooting mat, etc. Just tossing that out there to you. I have shot a Rem 40X and they are a nice stick. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Take care!!!

to me, MOA means minute-of-angle a.k.a. 1/60th of a degree. Mil means .001" to me. Is that correct?

I chose the IOR 3-18x42mm as I was looking for extremely high quality glass at a "reasonable" price. They can be had for 1500 bucks. It was also considerably less than a NF in FFP. To be fair to the NF, it has other options that are very attractive, but I couldn't come up with that kind of scratch.

That being said, the Razor would also be an excellent choice and comes in right at you 2k price point.

Plasmech that rifle will easily put the groups you want at 100 yards.

Even the police models do well. I have my police in .308 printing half inch groups out to 400 yards on a good day. On a crap day 1-1.5" group at 400 yards with 25mph winds.

In regards to optics, if you can afford the NF, they have some of the best durability and quality that money can buy. I think you should check one out

Holy crap! .5 inch groups at 400yards...thats some shootin right there mate
shocked.gif