• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for Remington 700 Under $1000

Old one I guess, it was several years ago, I'd never buy another XTR II, one sample but the glass was terrible. I have two of the XTRIII's, they're great.
This XTR2 8-40x50 (8 MIL turret looks like older model) read the customer reviews, unbelievable, can't believe some had even said it's better than the Vortex Golden Eagle and Sightron SIII. I have a Golden Eagle and several SIIIs and if that $499 Burris is better as those folks stated then I really dunno what to say. FINAL SALE NO RETURNS.

"Burris XTR II 8-40x 50mm Rifle Scope 34mm Tube Second Focal Plane SFP | 64% Off 4.3 Star Rating w/ Free Shipping and Handling" https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris...-13-2-2-8-ft-100-yds-fov-34mm-tube-black.html

The Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 RD MRAD is a $1250 budget scope (???) I guess that's on sale for $699.99.
I would think what would be considered budget scopes would be an Arken EP5 or Bushnell Match Pro ED and Chinese Vortex scopes.
Meopta is a budget scope brand. Just like Arken, Simmons, Tasco, Vortex, etc... Not saying they don’t offer higher-end optics, as well, but they are known as budget scopes. You can take it personal and act all pissy if you want, but facts are facts.

People dumped a lot of Cronuss when the next gen came out. There were a lot floating around out there when Cameraland put them on sale a few years ago.

Exchange was flooded,,,,, then it wasn't. Seems everyone is holding on to the older Cronus.
Still, I'd try to find a used one.
Baring that, one of the XTRs posted.
Be really hard to beat either.

People dumped a lot of Cronuss when the next gen came out. There were a lot floating around out there when Cameraland put them on sale a few years ago.

Exchange was flooded,,,,, then it wasn't. Seems everyone is holding on to the older Cronus.
Still, I'd try to find a used one.
Baring that, one of the XTRs posted.
Be really hard to beat either.
I think they're holding onto their older Cronus BTR Gen1 scopes because they don't break and if they did then Athlon would exchange them for the G2.

A brown/orange colored G1 Athlon Cronus BTR went for $800 last week which didn't sell immediately though.

If the OP is in LE/Military or certain lines of outdoor line of work he could buy a brand new G2 Cronus BTR for probably around $1050 at EV.

Meopta is a budget scope brand. Just like Arken, Simmons, Tasco, Vortex, etc... Not saying they don’t offer higher-end optics, as well, but they are known as budget scopes. You can take it personal and act all pissy if you want, but facts are facts.
I wouldn't consider a $1250 MSRP (any brand scope) a budget scope.

Simmons and Tasco? shouldn't even be mentioned in the same class as Meopta.

Thanks for the daily chuckles.

I wouldn't consider a $1250 MSRP (any brand scope) a budget scope.

Simmons and Tasco? shouldn't even be mentioned in the same class as Meopta.

Thanks for the daily chuckles.
Have you ever had a Meopta scope? Ever seen one? How do you base you belief that they are junk? Personally i never seen one. But i have to believe that they are at least a step above Simmons and Arken. I base that fact that i dont think they come from chyna,but i could be wrong, but then again i really dont give a crap.

Have you ever had a Meopta scope? Ever seen one? How do you base you belief that they are junk? Personally i never seen one. But i have to believe that they are at least a step above Simmons and Arken. I base that fact that i dont think they come from chyna,but i could be wrong, but then again i really dont give a crap.
Of course, why do you think I try to push the Optika 5 and Optika 6 especially since the two best Optika 6 models are currently on sale.

You are directing your question to the wrong person. It's supposed to be addressed to FuQ who puts Meopta in budget scopes with Tasco and Simmons.

I on the other hand disagree and Meopta should not be even categorized as low end budget scopes.

Range report on the Burris XTR II:

I found the glass to be subpar personally. At 20X and below its decent but at 25X it has a slight milky haze to it that I really can't get used to. It also has by far the worst chromatic aberration I've ever seen in a scope. At this point I'm not sure if I will return it to Euro Optic and take the hit since it was mounted or file a complaint since the glass is trash.

I will definitely be looking into something else for my Remington 700. On a plus side the Rem 700 I bought is a 1/2 moa gun all day long at 100. Best group was literally 3 shots through the same hole.

Reactions: Scopeye
Range report on the Burris XTR II:

I found the glass to be subpar personally. At 20X and below its decent but at 25X it has a slight milky haze to it that I really can't get used to. It also has by far the worst chromatic aberration I've ever seen in a scope. At this point I'm not sure if I will return it to Euro Optic and take the hit since it was mounted or file a complaint since the glass is trash.

I will definitely be looking into something else for my Remington 700. On a plus side the Rem 700 I bought is a 1/2 moa gun all day long at 100. Best group was literally 3 shots through the same hole.
I found the XTR2s to have very terrible image quality on high magnification but they were probably the older ones.

Does your XTR2 have 8 MIL or 10 MIL turrets?

I've also looked through their RT series and Veracity and simply hated their chromatic aberration on their high magnification while their Chinese Signature HDs were way clearer.

If I personally bought a scope that had terrible image quality on high magnification, there's absolutely no way I would have even mounted it. It would have been sent right back for refund yesterday.

That sucks even if you send it to Burris under warranty you may get it back with the same poor image quality. I'd insist an exchange specifically for their Signature HD 5-25x50 6.5 Creedmor and that one is at least in par with the Athlon Ares BTR G2 glass wise you'd probably think it's made in Japan.

Ultimately cut your losses and get whatever money you can get back. If you used Burris Signature XTR rings they would have absolutely zero clue that it was ever used or even mounted. They leave zero evidence the scope had ever been mounted before.

If you're looking to go really cheap, the new Arken SH4J 6-24x50 I've recently looked through was unbelievably clear all the way to it's maximum 24x magnification and believe it or not, actually clearer than the EP5 and night and difference between the older SH4 Gen 2 shitty glass. It may have been one of the lottery winners and I haven't looked through any other new SH4Js.
It was almost as clear as the Athlon Midas Tac believe it or not.

I found the XTR2s to have very terrible image quality on high magnification but they were probably the older ones.

Does your XTR2 have 8 MIL or 10 MIL turrets?

I've also looked through their RT series and Veracity and simply hated their chromatic aberration on their high magnification while their Chinese Signature HDs were way clearer.

If I personally bought a scope that had terrible image quality on high magnification, there's absolutely no way I would have even mounted it. It would have been sent right back for refund yesterday.

That sucks even if you send it to Burris under warranty you may get it back with the same poor image quality. I'd insist an exchange specifically for their Signature HD 5-25x50 6.5 Creedmor and that one is at least in par with the Athlon Ares BTR G2 glass wise you'd probably think it's made in Japan.

Ultimately cut your losses and get whatever money you can get back. If you used Burris Signature XTR rings they would have absolutely zero clue that it was ever used or even mounted. They leave zero evidence the scope had ever been mounted before.

If you're looking to go really cheap, the new Arken SH4J 6-24x50 I've recently looked through was unbelievably clear all the way to it's maximum 24x magnification and believe it or not, actually clearer than the EP5 and night and difference between the older SH4 Gen 2 shitty glass. It may have been one of the lottery winners and I haven't looked through any other new SH4Js.
It was almost as clear as the Athlon Midas Tac believe it or not.

It is a brand new one with the 10 mil turrets, gray ring on the mag adjuster, etc. Just didn't meet my expectations at all. I decided to go the opposite route and I'm getting a Vortex Razor Gen III 6-36 lol.... buy once cry once.

Reactions: Scopeye
It is a brand new one with the 10 mil turrets, gray ring on the mag adjuster, etc. Just didn't meet my expectations at all. I decided to go the opposite route and I'm getting a Vortex Razor Gen III 6-36 lol.... buy once cry once.
I'm really tempted to get the new black Razor Gen 3 6-26x56 that currently selling for under $2450 at EuroOptic and Scopelist. Just waiting for their Black Friday sale to see what the price will be then.

Did you get the regular purple bronze Gen 3 Razor or the black one?