• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for the Sako

tikifrei

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2001
PA, USA
I'm looking for a scope for my Sako quad. I have been eyeing the Leupold 3-9x33 efr cds. Looks like they go for around $450. That is pretty much the most I want to spend on the rimfire. What else should I be looking at? Uses are general practice and some light hunting.

Thanks

Thanks. I'll take a look. Bought the rifle 6 years ago. Paid just a bit more than people are paying for a CZ now. Which Vortex do you like for it? HS-T? Looks like everything under $500 has capped turrets.

I just got a Sako Quad varmint from Keefer at Europtics, sweet rifle, VERY accurate. I put a buddy's old 6.5-20 Leupold on it, fine crosshair with dot. Don't like the dot , I love the power range and think I will get a Meopta Meopro 6-18X50. My set up is for bench/prone but not too heavy to carry in the varmint woods. These guns are fine !!!

I have an old model, a P72, but it is very accurate. I agree with everyone else who has posted, put as much glass as you can afford on top of your rifle, because the scope will get maximum performance out of the rifle. I like buzzsaw's setup, 6.5x for hunting and real world shooting, and adjust up to 20x for target shooting. right now I have a 24x leupold on mine, I don't hunt with it anymore, it just comes out to settle a discussion.

I have a S&B 6x42 on one of mine and a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 on the other.

Someone recommended the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 to me as well. How do you like it? As brought up, what is the parallax adjustment on that scope? Do you have the target turrets?

I have a couple of the 4.5-14 Conquests, and yes, I like them a lot. Mine have "hunter" turrets.