• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope for under 300

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
looking for a good fixed or variable scope for my 308 for under 300

Re: scope for under 300

i found a bushnell elite 10x40 milldot on midway for around 219 anybody have one what are the pros and cons

They are $20 cheaper at SWFA (and you can support a Hide sponsor) if it isn't too late to cancel your order...

Either way, the 10x Elite 3200 is a good scope. Wide field of view, clear/crisp glass (relatively speaking for a scope of its cost), they track true and will hold up to a fair amount of use/abuse. I had one for a while mounted on a Barrett M99, but parted with it for a better setup with more magnification and a reticle that better suited my needs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: specopsbrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">go with an swfa ss 10x42 </div></div>

X2

SWFA Super Sniper 10x42.. Mount one sight it in and be amazed. Lump a Bushnell 10x40 1" tube.

I have a Bushnell 3200 10x on my 308. I'm just getting started in LR shooting. I like the Bushnell.
I've been taking this LR thing slow. I'm methodical about what I do--maybe a little too methodical. I shoot ten shot groups when testing loads. And I shoot 10 shots groups when testing how my scope tracks. The Bushnell has been a good scope. The glass is surprisingly bright and clear for a $200 scope. It tracks consistantly, however, the marks on the base and turrent do not perfectly line up. This is something I can overlook for the value of the total package.
I made up my mind that I would put a min. of a 1,000 rounds down range and work up to 600 yards before I started putting down a lot of money in optics, stocks, ect.
At $200 the Bushnell is an easy entry into the habbit. I've been pleased in it's performance.

Tom

For $300, you will not find a better scope out there than the Super Sniper. It really depends on what you are going to do with it as to what power you should go with.

For most all of your shooting and hunting needs, you should stay with the 10x. I personally prefer the 16x to do any target shooting or longer range hunting. 10x will work either way as well. If you are not used to shooting with the higher power, start off with the 10x, and you can always sell it later for almost what you paid for it to begin with!!

DK