• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope market inside scoop...

Reticles...

All I can say is MSR, for me it's nearly the perfect reticle. If you don't want to pay the royalty of offering the MSR, then please offer something that is close to the layout of the basic format of the MSR or Leupolds TMR with large hash mark at every Mil, and a smaller hash mark at half-Mil.

Power...

5 or 6-20 would be a good option.

Because then it wouldn't be 100% USA, right? I love my German scopes, but there is no need for another American company to chase the Germans and play their game, they have it covered.

Nathan, please keep going with what you're doing. I'm very excited to see how the new materials work out, and happy that someone is moving in a different direction.

The line of scopes was designed to accommodate easy swaps at the factory of reticles and turret configs. The final numbers need to be worked out, but anyone that wants to order anything reticle-wise should be able to get it at a reasonable quantity. The goal would be to make this very doable at the dealer level. This was one of the first things we discussed as we were very limited before.

MOA click values could come shortly if there is enough demand to justify production. Please keep posting if you're interested in this.

Thanks!

Well after a little bit of cursory reading, how about a 800mm objective lens? That way it can double for body armor!

All joking aside, I am really looking forward to updates as they come availible!

I'd like to see 2-12x44, 3.5-21x52, 5-30x56, 7-42x60

Hell, I wouldn't mind a 60mm or thereabouts on a 5-30, I wish my Bushnell xrs had a bigger objective.

as far as a 6x goes... 2-12, and 3x18 look interesting. Much beyond 18 begins to get into all kinds of Mirage problems... Do Operators really use much past 25ish on a regular basis? I know on my 3x18-42 much beyond 13-14x it gets dark towards the end of the day, and clarity suffers. During full daylight, 18x can be nice at times for getting a closer look... As long as mirage don't kick up.

is this to fill the high end (snicker, snicker) countersniper market after their demise? :D

if i were to come across a genie in a bottle and said "make one scope that's not digital or NV or IR" for a bolt i like the idea of:

4-16X or 4-18X (though the 4.5-27 mentioned above sounds sweet)
30mm tube
42 or 50 mm obj
adj. ocular / eyepiece
side focus
FFP
1/2 mil dots
mil adjustments
adj ill (1 setting just barely on for night hunting without getting blinded)

or SFP
10X ranging calibrated
1/2 mil dots w/ "extra dot or line" or two per vertical for extreme holdover s on smaller calibers.

always kinda liked this reticle, not too busy and usable
Hawke Optics | Hawke Sidewinder 30 Tactical SF 10x42 10X Mil Dot

small opposing pointing to center chevrons would be interesting with the point being the "dead nuts spot" to range or holdover

a smaller crosshair in the center than where the dots or chevrons are.

interchangeable high or low turrets. maybe turrets that are "math done & marked" for MOA or IPHY conversion as options for those that follow these paths. or dually marked / different color turrets. stadia markings on the turret "post" to track revolutions.

optional sunshade / ARD

fiber opticish markers like a vortex viper turret and zoom ring

zero stop

aggressive but not a gaudy / overbearing texture on adjustment surfaces

lifetime no fault warranty

whatever i want is out there already. the challenge now is to make it cheaper or better or both

After a moment or two of thought....

---) 2.5x14-46 (18.4 - 3.28 Exit Pupil) ... would at least make the objective less than Hubble-Huge, and still reasonably useful in lowish light situations. It would also somewhat mitigate usage of an ARD for those who do. Max power of 14 helps keep mirage down, and should give solid resolution of targets out to 1k+ easily enough.

---) I like the Reticle on the Bushnell LRHS 3x12-44 ,, G2DMR I believe it is.

---) Edge to Edge with no tunnelling. Forgiving eyebox.

---) Reasonably low profile Turrets with zero stop. Perhaps a "turret lock" of some kind? 10 mils per rev?

---) On the fence about illumination; Lowest setting just barely there, for night usage please! Keep the number of setting low / real: Night time // Dawn - Dusk // Day Use Visable.... K.I.S.S. !?

And of course all of the tech that HuDisCo already mentioned. If you bust a move like this....I might have to resort to selling a kidney or something... ;)

Also love the G2DMR reticle.

For me, I think March has hit it on the head with the 3-24x and 2.5-25. I think the 52mm objective will gather plenty of light.

I also like the light weight. It looks like this is along the same lines.

also like moa/moa

Having the low end magnification and light weight would allow you to use one scope for pretty much everything.

I'm glad someone is out there listening and/or has their thinking caps on. As I said some time ago....

Just thinking out loud here, would it be a viable option to rather than re-invent the wheel with 8x and 9x erector ratios and what not...to streamline and economize what they already do well?

What would it take to produce a 1-4x and make it lighter, stronger and at a better price rather than having a 1-8x fumble in development hell for nearly half a decade?

Cheers to you guys. I can't wait to see what you've got comin'.

A floating center dot subtending to 0.05mils like the 5-40 march fx in a better reticle for holdovers for me would be the ticket. I for one like a Horus reticle and when using one I don't touch the turrets and actually want at least the windage turret lockable so it doesn't spin when I use it to push against something like the edge of a Window opening. I'm sure coming from dealing with what most consider the absolute best glass out there means the end result here should be phenomenal and held to very high standards. I definitely will be paying close attention as progress continues. Also glad to see it happening in my home state and about 20 minutes from the house buy a good guy!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"MOA click values could come shortly if there is enough demand to justify production. Please keep posting if you're interested in this."

AMR like moa/moa.

I would have to say barska and bsa are the top 2 contenders. Oh and I forgot about counter sniper! Aren't they the best on the market??? Some Sunday night humor

For you guys that are requesting moa, would you want true moa or iphy?

And would you want this in a 1-6? A moa is pretty small at 6x...

Last edited:
IPHY but moa is not a deal breaker. I didn't see if we are talking sfp or ffp? My needs are with the higher mag scope.

I prefer standard MOA with 1/2 moa clicks. Something similar to the MOAR reticle or the TMR if going with mils. Are we talking "Aimpoint bright" red dot? What is the ballpark cost of this thing? Also, would it be cheaper to just make the reticle in second focal plane? I never understood why manufacturers make FFP scopes in this power range. The reticle is impossible to use on the lower magnifications so the feature seems unnecessary to me.

I prefer standard MOA with 1/2 moa clicks. Something similar to the MOAR reticle or the TMR if going with mils. Are we talking "Aimpoint bright" red dot? What is the ballpark cost of this thing? Also, would it be cheaper to just make the reticle in second focal plane? I never understood why manufacturers make FFP scopes in this power range. The reticle is impossible to use on the lower magnifications so the feature seems unnecessary to me.

Good questions.

Illumination will be day bright. None have a dot as of this writing.

I always hesitate to quote costs before everything is finalized and the CDR for mechanicals has not been completed yet. That said, pricing will be comparable to the upper end of the market; maybe even a little less.

At this point the position of the reticle will have a negligible difference in the cost. The benefits will way outweigh the detractors.

Thanks!

Interesting question. There is a little bit of a perspective difference in a riflescope because the objective lens is closer to the target than your other eye. We did the math, but will finalize for unity mag once the initial prototypes are done.

Short answer is yes, but unity mag doesn't always work out to be 1x for this reason.

I remember reading that some manufacturer (Zeiss?) markets their 1-x power scopes as 1.2-x because mathematically the low magnification is more than 1x in order for it to function like a true 1x.

Are you sure you didn't just buy out CounterSniper's stock of titanium scope bodies when they went out of business :)

I have to say that I expected the counter sniper references. :)

That said, I think we're the first to actually do it. In all the time I've spent in this industry, I never heard of anyone actually getting their hands on one.

It makes a lot of since from a mechanical design standpoint. The lack of temperature expansion is the main benefit. It's just a much harder material to machine than aluminum and its more expensive to start with.

The current concept is to turn out the bodies and then heat treat them. In the raw, they should have a bluish tint. Should be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Are the Ti bodies going for increased strength meaning same gauge wall thickness as Al tubes at the cost of added weight or same as Al strength via thinner gauge Ti but at a lighter weight scope? Is it possible to hit a middle ground?

Damn things are looking up for my adopted home state of Alabama. Good shit and I wish you guys luck.

I have to say that I expected the counter sniper references. :)

That said, I think we're the first to actually do it. In all the time I've spent in this industry, I never heard of anyone actually getting their hands on one.

It makes a lot of since from a mechanical design standpoint. The lack of temperature expansion is the main benefit. It's just a much harder material to machine than aluminum and its more expensive to start with.

The current concept is to turn out the bodies and then heat treat them. In the raw, they should have a bluish tint. Should be pretty cool.

Machining Ti kicked my [MENTION=1104]SS[/MENTION] a few times back in the day.
Of course that was on manual machines creating one-offs with the wrong tooling (carbide grades and geometries) and seat of the pants strategies, not leaving enough material for an effective finish pass, etc.

It is definitely top tier material for a scope tube, at least until someone finds a way to filament wind a scope tube out of carbon fiber.

I'm pretty excited to see one, and with my current fixation on 1-x scopes, I'll have no choice but to sell a body part to fund one.

Are the Ti bodies going for increased strength meaning same gauge wall thickness as Al tubes at the cost of added weight or same as Al strength via thinner gauge Ti but at a lighter weight scope? Is it possible to hit a middle ground?

Great question! Going for a middle ground currently. If I recall correctly, titanium is roughly 4x as dense as aluminum. We shouldn't need all that extra weight to make it twice as hard/strong. They'll be cut from bar stock so there's no cost delta, but there's no need to get crazy. ;)

A lot of this is still being discussed with our mechanical team.

Last edited:
Kind of a complete flyer, but there is some pretty advanced titanium draw and hydro forming technology in nearby Chattanooga at Litespeed. Been working 6/4 TI on bike frames for enough time to be at the cutting edge. May be a way to put exactly the desired strength where needed and less weight where not necessary. Back to regular programming.

Bobke,

Perfect example of one industry being at the cutting edge of something, while another maybe could benefit! Very Interesting!

Glad I've held off on buying a 1-6 this sounds like exactly what I've been looking for

This would be great for an AR, but more for me would be on the Ruger GSR. Daylight visible, 1-6, great for hunting. Covered knobs work better for me in that environment.

Any time frame for release?

Mark

Kind of a complete flyer, but there is some pretty advanced titanium draw and hydro forming technology in nearby Chattanooga at Litespeed. Been working 6/4 TI on bike frames for enough time to be at the cutting edge. May be a way to put exactly the desired strength where needed and less weight where not necessary. Back to regular programming.

I had this same though as well, right after i got home from a ride on my lightspeed... which i'll probably end up selling to fund new glass, funny how that all works out.

Coat the insides of the lenses! problem solved.

....or not

This would be great for an AR, but more for me would be on the Ruger GSR. Daylight visible, 1-6, great for hunting. Covered knobs work better for me in that environment.

Any time frame for release?

Mark

We're really pushing to get the first few out there by the end if the summer. You never know with totally new developments like this, but that's what we're shooing for.