• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope my MPA 6.5CM

Gobears16

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2018
Blackhawk, Ca
So I just got notice that my 6.5 CM MPA is to be shipped. I had it built with a 26in barrel and everything else standard (20MOA base). I have a range at my property from 100-1760yard. I totally understand that 1 mile with the creed will be difficult but I'd like to throw lead at it from time to time. I'll be using factory ammo (Hornady match, Prime, etc). My worry is that I wont have enough travel in the scope. My budget is 1000-2000. What would you guys mount?

For the money a used Vortex Razor Gen2 4.5-27 (in the PX section) is hard to beat. Usually around 1500-1700 in the PX section depending on reticle. With a 20MOA base you should have enough elevation to reach a mile without having to hold anything but that can depend on the elevation where you shoot too.

If you can wait for reviews, Tract is starting to ship its new scopes.

Reactions: Mausertech
Hey @Gobears16 looks like your are in my neck of the woods, love to hear where that location is 😃

Lots of great shooters and friendly monthly matches in the area.
And but once cry once, @CSTactical has great deal gong in zco and spuhr!
20200521_135431.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @Gobears16 looks like your are in my neck of the woods, love to hear where that location is 😃

Lots of great shooters and friendly monthly matches in the area.
And but once cry once, @CSTactical has great deal gong in zco and spuhr! View attachment 7341815

The guys at CS Tatical are awesome. I'm helping a few guys build lightweight 6.5 PRC's and Dan as CS has been top notch helping me gather components. I'll give them a call and see what he has to say. I just thought i'd throw the question out to the masses here on the Hide since everyone here is a wealth of knowledge.

As far as the range its outside of Patterson/Tracy hills. Lets met up and shoot!!

The guys at CS Tatical are awesome. I'm helping a few guys build lightweight 6.5 PRC's and Dan as CS has been top notch helping me gather components. I'll give them a call and see what he has to say. I just thought i'd throw the question out to the masses here on the Hide since everyone here is a wealth of knowledge.

As far as the range its outside of Patterson/Tracy hills. Lets met up and shoot!!
I'm on my way!

If you can wait for reviews, Tract is starting to ship its new scopes.

This is what I’m waiting on. The new toric looks pretty good but hasn’t been out long enough to get any in depth reviews against its competitors.
Really want a zco 527 for my scar but I’m starting to get antsy and want a decent scope in the meanwhile and the razor was the first one I thought of but this Tract toric is newer and I’d like to see them in a head to head review

This is what I’m waiting on. The new toric looks pretty good but hasn’t been out long enough to get any in depth reviews against its competitors.
Really want a zco 527 for my scar but I’m starting to get antsy and want a decent scope in the meanwhile and the razor was the first one I thought of but this Tract toric is newer and I’d like to see them in a head to head review
Someone reviewed them side by side on youtube. They felt the tract was better. I'd like to see more too because I have been leaning towards the vortex

On the other side of 2k but have you looked at some of the used Schmidt and benders. They can usually be had around 2300 bucks depending on reticle. Even some of the NF ATACRs are seeing prices that low too. Just a thought as I’m not sure how solid the 2k mark is for you. And if you have 2k laying around I would bite the bullet (pun intended) and save that extra 300 or so and get a S&B.

I have this on my MPA BA 6.5CM, it is a tack driver, the glass is great, no complaints, eye relief is good, listsd for 1500, a few years back I was able to negotiate them down to $1250 using the chat on optics planet. No need to spend $2500 - 4k on a scope.

They have 3 different reticles now

This comparision may help

Reactions: Gobears16
I have this on my MPA BA 6.5CM, it is a tack driver, the glass is great, no complaints, eye relief is good, listsd for 1500, a few years back I was able to negotiate them down to $1250 using the chat on optics planet. No need to spend $2500 - 4k on a scope.

The have 3 different reticles now
#justthingspoorssay

This is a joke, take it as such

couldn’t resist the opportunity. Best of luck OP, as there are tons of great options in your price range if you don’t want to venture out side of 2k.