• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope options in the $750.00 range

Twisted300Win MAG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2012
Michigan
Like the title says I'm Putting together a 260AI and I need a scope to go with it. Eventually it will wear a Nightforce NXS but thats not in the cards right now. Budget is $750.00 Tops. This rifle is going to be mainly a Target rifle but I may try my luck with F-class with it. The catch is that i have poor vision, so i need something with higher power. Something 18X or higher. Also it has to be second focal plane. The scopes I already own are Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X42, Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 and a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20X50. Looking for best scope for the money. Open to different brands as long as the meet my needs. MOA/MOA preferred but not ruling out MIL?MIL. I'm comfortable with both. Any advise would be helpful.
Thanks
Donald

Scope options in the $750.00 range

The bushnells are good. Try to find a used one. I sold mine and another guy sold his within the past month or so. Both went for around 400-500 bucks. Also, if you could stand the lower power, the super sniper 3-15 is solid and has fantastic reviews around here.

Edit: Glass quality trumps magnification all day. Shop glass and mechanical quality first, high mag and features like zero stop or whatever second.

SWFA 3-15 will be your best bet. They have some fixed powers that would save you money for now and they also have a used section that has very good deals.

I couldn't agree more about quality of glass. However I'm legally blind and even with my Mark 4 and a friends NXS the lowest power i can see an IPSC 66% target well enough to call my shots is 18X at 1000-1200 yards. I keep reading in other posts and it has been mentioned above about the SWFA 3.5-15 but as far as i can tell they only come in FFP. The reason I need SFP is at lower powers in FFP scopes the retical becomes smaller and too busy for me to be able to focus on my target. Also does anyone have experience with their Fixed power scopes? I mean the price is good but i'm wondering if the glass and build quality is as good as the 3.5-15 that seems to be so popular. Even though I plan on replacing this scope with a Nightforce in the future, I still plan on putting this scope on a .223 I'm building for the wife and don't want to cheap out too much given the available funds that I have.
Thanks
Donald

Vortex Viper HS T 6-24 , and you have enough left over to buy nice rings =) I run a viper ps t and i love it for $900 . Great company too

I agree with Andy, especially with poor vision that the glass quality tops all. Why not just use your Nikon or Leupold? Set either up with a quick change mount.
If you have to purchase another also look at the IOR, 16x42 30mm SF Tactical Scope MP-8 Reticule, and the 36x42 30mm SF BENCHREST/COMPETITION SCOPE, both can be purchased for around 700-850.

Sightron SIII 6-24 is my favorite scope for target use and under $1000. I think the 8-32 would even be better, but not looked through one. Great scopes for the money - never had any issues with the two I own.

It is my opinion that just gong higher power is gong to drive you nuts! I think what you need is better glass. Since your budget is $750.00 tops then you might look at something with Schott glass in it, but used. That'll give you enough break to start saving again for the better high power glass you want.

Meopta
IOR
Zeiss Conquest
USO
Doctor(?)

These the ones I can think of off the top of my head. You can also look for any of the Bushnell Elites (never thought I would say that), Vortex PST line, Sightron III (used).